Lemonade man
Lemonade man

October 15th, 2017, 12:52 pm #11

Funny that just like in 94 when Oasis arrived on the scene and the Roses were heading in the opposite direction the same has happened again. The Roses seem to have not had enough balls to finish what they started and the Gallaghers are coming on strong again. Say what you like about them but the Gallaghers were never afraid to go for it.

As I am
As I am

October 15th, 2017, 7:01 pm #12

The Gallagher are confident and have been more successful, hard to believe Liam was supporting for Heaton Park in 2012. Since then he had a decent album with Beady eye, and now an even better album with As you were. Never thought I’d see the day when Liam Gallagher was writing more (and better) songs than John squire or Ian Brown l!!! Should have known it though. Squires best seahorses tune was a throwaway tune written by LG....fact!

Jim
Jim

October 15th, 2017, 10:06 pm #13

Creatively, Oasis surpassed the Roses in one area - prolificacy. But four albums of shite is still shite. Good Times is almost unlistenable but I'd rather stick that on than than the one dimensional sub-Kinks/Who/Beatles garbage that followed DM, simply because it's more interesting.
Did you just say that Morning Glory was shit?

G
G

October 16th, 2017, 8:30 am #14

The absolute pits, Jim.

David
David

October 16th, 2017, 10:45 am #15

The Gallagher are confident and have been more successful, hard to believe Liam was supporting for Heaton Park in 2012. Since then he had a decent album with Beady eye, and now an even better album with As you were. Never thought I’d see the day when Liam Gallagher was writing more (and better) songs than John squire or Ian Brown l!!! Should have known it though. Squires best seahorses tune was a throwaway tune written by LG....fact!
liam didnt write Paper crown though ...haha

October 16th, 2017, 4:37 pm #16

So what?

A man has to know his limitations, as Dirty Harry once said. Liam apparently knows his. Based on AFO and BT, I'm not convinced that The Roses do.

Out of those two, one of them's recently put out a record that I've quite enjoyed and the other hasn't.

Maybe The Roses might have benefitted from a bit of outside input, if AFO and BT are the best they can manage?
Last edited by pumpo on October 16th, 2017, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

idlejournoitis
idlejournoitis

October 16th, 2017, 6:18 pm #17

Crossed with gary glitter noels new effort

stiv
stiv

October 16th, 2017, 7:48 pm #18

So what?

A man has to know his limitations, as Dirty Harry once said. Liam apparently knows his. Based on AFO and BT, I'm not convinced that The Roses do.

Out of those two, one of them's recently put out a record that I've quite enjoyed and the other hasn't.

Maybe The Roses might have benefitted from a bit of outside input, if AFO and BT are the best they can manage?
thought you were a big solo brown fans? the 2 new roses tunes were both written by brown - one just had a recycled seahorses riff bolted on.

As I was
As I was

October 16th, 2017, 8:47 pm #19

So what?

Maybe Liam could get John Squire and Ian brown to help write a few tunes, johns last effort with Liam “love me and leave me” was one of Johns best written songs in the last 20 years! I’m not sure he could do much better than those who helped LG out though, they deserve credit for their work as it is better than a lot of oasis songs too in my opinion!!!

How many songs did Ian Brown actually write on his own? He always gave credit to any others who helped write his tunes. To be fair to LG, he has co-written an album that is arguably better than any Ian Brown album including his “greatest” !!!

G
G

October 17th, 2017, 11:41 am #20

So what?

To be fair, the Roses might have benefited from a bit of inside input if the Reni no-show rumours are true. Not to mention that possibly both tunes, & certainly BT, sound like they're effectively Brown solo efforts.

Confirmation of reply: