Are you glad you kept your powder dry?

Paul
Paul

September 21st, 2017, 11:22 pm #1

Of course you are!! Wet powder is pretty useless stuff, once it gets wet it's never as good as it was in its previous state.

Ding dong
Ding dong

September 24th, 2017, 10:38 am #2

One keeps ones powder dry, until one has to use it. You can't argue with that!

Polly
Polly

October 13th, 2017, 5:24 pm #3

My powder was soaked in tears, after I had heard all for one

As you were x

idlejournoitis
idlejournoitis

October 13th, 2017, 6:50 pm #4

The classic debut now sounds so dated after she's a waterfall it's all down hill only she's the one on side 2 sounds ok with some tight playing by rene and manny who are the driving force on this album as proved by Chris squires awful Seahouses and king monkee Tim Brown's dismal solo career. Worse was to come with the awful 2nd comin only she's my sister the lead single brings back some of the old magic and the less said about all for us and beautiful life the better

October 13th, 2017, 11:31 pm #5

Steady on. The debut's ace. After that, Fools Gold and Something's Burning are top drawer, too. Second Coming, I'm not a fan of.

The Seahorses were sort of alright but, yeah, no hot shit.

Ian Brown solo's had his moments, although not to the extent of the debut.

But a fluke? Maybe it was. If so, so what? On the other hand, Forever Changes is better than anything else Arthur Lee did. Does that make it a fluke? Virtually all bands go downhill at some point.

Arr kid
Arr kid

October 14th, 2017, 9:26 am #6

They had enough b sides to fill another album, as we seen with the compilation lp: turns into stone. It was no fluke, the problem is they all developed massive egos and jealousy towards each other. As solo artists they just don’t have it, no big media friendly personalities. Together they are strong, all for one suggests they were aware of this. It’s a shame they could not put their egos aside and create something special. So many People wanted it to happen, beautiful thing was warm received. They could have succeeded, but they didn't. My feeling is I am happy it happened but also sad it’s over with no new music except one song.

Confirmation of reply: