Admit it, you were slightly embarrassed

st
st

February 12th, 2014, 5:53 am #1

Ian's rapping on Love Spreads? You cringed a little, didn't you?
John playing a fucking flying-V? Leave it out, Johnny.
Reni's double-bass drum and bandana? What is this? 1987 California?

The Roses are the coolest band. Some of the 2012/13 tour had some incredibly uncool moments.
You can't defend the indefensible.

Now let's hear some fucking new music, lads! And do some press. For fuck sake!

the branches
the branches

February 12th, 2014, 7:12 am #2

the worst one was the amsterdam incident 'I'm not kidding, sorry about dat' but then what do we expect from a bunch of 50 year olds?

February 12th, 2014, 6:25 pm #3

The Roses are the coolest band. Some of the 2012/13 tour had some incredibly uncool moments.

I'll tell you how embarrassed I was, st, I couldn't even bring myself to look at it. Not just the bits that you mention. Any of it.

And, to add to it, here you are saying things such as, 'admit it...'. That makes my toes curl, and no amount of discussion of fucking shoes or hair dye choices is going to change that.

So yeah, well done, st.

Have you heard the Temples' lp? I've only heard it a couple of times but it sounds pretty good to me. Yes, Off topic FFS, thank you. I know that the singer looks like the witch out of Chorlton & The Wheelies dressed by Biba, but I think they sound alright. A bit Tame Impala, yes. Anyway, what if The Stone Roses had come back and it was sort of that: that sound and those sort of songs. Would that be alright?

Or is it going to sound like bandanas and shoes?

February 12th, 2014, 6:52 pm #4

Which Temples LP? The new one or the old one, either way, they sound exactly the same.

If you're into that antipodean psychedelic thing then chek out Pond, they're quite good.
Last edited by chipsandrice on February 12th, 2014, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 12th, 2014, 8:37 pm #5

I thought this was their first, to be honest. I didn't realise that two of them were in The Moons, who I've got an lp by, it was alright. Better than most of the mod revival things, I thought. I like The See See, too. It looked like there was going to be a 12 string indie revival, but I don't know if that Tame Impala, or MGMT big drums sound is what they have to do to fit in with something. I don't know. I enjoyed a fair bit of it a year or so sho, but I'd be pushed to remember how many the songs go now.

I quite enjoy some of the Ghost Box stuff, too. Aesthetically as much as anything. I mean I like the design thing. I enjoy a degree of uniformity inn terms of record label releases. Then, who doesn't?

Edit.

The Temples record is spot the lift, isn't it?

First one has the bridge from Incense and Peppermints.

There's the chorus melody of Renaissance Fair, the theme from Inspector Gadget and a few others I can't place yet.
Last edited by pumpo on February 12th, 2014, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

st
st

February 13th, 2014, 5:58 am #6

I'll tell you how embarrassed I was, st, I couldn't even bring myself to look at it. Not just the bits that you mention. Any of it.

And, to add to it, here you are saying things such as, 'admit it...'. That makes my toes curl, and no amount of discussion of fucking shoes or hair dye choices is going to change that.

So yeah, well done, st.

Have you heard the Temples' lp? I've only heard it a couple of times but it sounds pretty good to me. Yes, Off topic FFS, thank you. I know that the singer looks like the witch out of Chorlton & The Wheelies dressed by Biba, but I think they sound alright. A bit Tame Impala, yes. Anyway, what if The Stone Roses had come back and it was sort of that: that sound and those sort of songs. Would that be alright?

Or is it going to sound like bandanas and shoes?
are your favourite drummers Stuart Copeland and Larry Mullen too?

February 13th, 2014, 11:35 am #7

I thought this was their first, to be honest. I didn't realise that two of them were in The Moons, who I've got an lp by, it was alright. Better than most of the mod revival things, I thought. I like The See See, too. It looked like there was going to be a 12 string indie revival, but I don't know if that Tame Impala, or MGMT big drums sound is what they have to do to fit in with something. I don't know. I enjoyed a fair bit of it a year or so sho, but I'd be pushed to remember how many the songs go now.

I quite enjoy some of the Ghost Box stuff, too. Aesthetically as much as anything. I mean I like the design thing. I enjoy a degree of uniformity inn terms of record label releases. Then, who doesn't?

Edit.

The Temples record is spot the lift, isn't it?

First one has the bridge from Incense and Peppermints.

There's the chorus melody of Renaissance Fair, the theme from Inspector Gadget and a few others I can't place yet.
The should be a new Temples LP out now. It's very good, especally if you're enjoying the other one.

There's been a lot of good wobbly psycheindie about the last couple of years, from your Moon Duo/Wooden Shjips to your Field Music to your Hookworms.

Not a massive Impala fan, but there's a lot worse out there.

February 13th, 2014, 5:17 pm #8

are your favourite drummers Stuart Copeland and Larry Mullen too?
No. Who's your favourite optometrist? Gregg's?

February 13th, 2014, 6:06 pm #9

Yes, st, I preferred the band dressed in striped shirts ala The Beach Boys/ laced cuffs and leather waistcoasts ala Brigandage/pretend Peery Boy chic half inced off the Mondays and Mani's old wardrobe ala The Farm.

Shall i go on?

If Reni used to bowl around rocking furry moonboots you shouldn't be surprised by any of his attire. If you've not had any shocking fashion incidents then you're lying

As for Ian rapping, wasn't the first time was it?

Flying V's are ace. Especially an Ibanez Rocket Roll.

OPP
OPP

February 13th, 2014, 9:30 pm #10

was embarrassing. The missus turned to look at me in horror and shook her head.

it didn't spoil it but it wasn't good

Confirmation of reply: