JoJYES
JoJYES

March 4th, 2014, 9:11 pm #21

It's more than a nod to Erik B & Rakims 'Paid in Full', which is a tongue in cheek nod to not being paid in 1989. I thought it was good myself and although I like Love Spreads on record, live I don't think it really works without the rap (I use that wording in the loosest terms) at the end. The best live version was the HELP! recording IMO and that was only good because the piano was different.

I enjoyed the rap. Also, it wouldn't have been as interesting had the Reni huff in Amsterdam hadn't happened. tbf to Ian Brown he was just as pissed off as the crowd and felt he'd been made a cunt of.

Some folk on here need a ride. Paris was worth everything and is definitely the kind of venue where they're at their best.

Ian should rap all the way through the third album.

St
St

March 6th, 2014, 4:33 pm #22

You ought to chance your hand at stand up comedy. Or antidepressants. Yes, actually. Definitely antidepressants.

JoJYES
JoJYES

March 6th, 2014, 7:18 pm #23

How come st? What's your beef?

boon
boon

March 6th, 2014, 7:21 pm #24

everyone calm down. we've all had a few beers. let's take it easy and admire the drumming of stuart copeland and larry mullen jnr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im50HG6XDvs

March 7th, 2014, 5:33 pm #25

Can I just say how much I dislike 'beer' being referred to as 'beers'?

Do you fill your car up with some petrols? Do you fill your dog's bowl with some waters? Do you go out for some coffees?

No, you don't. The reason being 'beer' is the plural of beer.

Some beers? Pah.

Where's our Grammar nazi when you need him/her? Tcha.
Last edited by pumpo on March 8th, 2014, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Big Bollocks
Billy Big Bollocks

March 7th, 2014, 10:54 pm #26

daring to criticise the roses? suggesting they are not 100% tip top 24 hours of the day
saying you dont like ians rap?

please move this discussion to getalonggang.com as this is the proper place for such varied discussion

over there you are free to express any opinion its not as though theres a neo-mussolini fascist who personally greets every member and shoves her oh so friendly opinions down your throat and you cant ignore the cunt everything is rosy as long as you agree with her ho hum ball bag
funny to see her fan club as well lapping up evrything it says

so yeah i have got a bee in my bonnet

March 8th, 2014, 11:45 am #27

I'm not sure what you're getting at, Billy. Could you be a bit more specific please?

derekb
derekb

March 8th, 2014, 1:37 pm #28

I'm not biily, but is pumpo even a real word?

March 8th, 2014, 5:32 pm #29

It's a proper noun. Like 'derekb,' is a proper noun.

Although, I was just making a cup of tea and cleaning up in the kitchen a bit and as I was doing it, I was thinking about how I go on and on (hence 'pumpo': windy) and I thought, 'you're not windy, you're verbally incontinent'. Which led me to think, maybe I should change from 'pumpo' to 'VIP : Verbally Incontinent Pumpo' to more accurately reflect the verbal diahorrhea that I inflict on you all. In addition to pretending that I have a big head and consider myself more important than some people who post on here.

By then I'd made the tea and forgotten about it until you reminded me.

And that's what my exciting life's like these days. I went out to look for a magazine rack earlier, but I didn't find one I liked. Crazy days, eh?

G
G

March 8th, 2014, 7:16 pm #30

If you think your life lacks substance, I actually made the effort to look this up:

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term ... id=5907376

Still, a " dictionary" that can't spell "sweetheart" - slang or not - probably isn't up to much.

Confirmation of reply: