hoho
hoho

April 16th, 2018, 10:12 am #31

There will be no new Roses music or gigs, ever. We’re stuck with Ian Browns piss poor solo shit yet again like it’s 2008. I love him but I wouldn’t rush to see him live. It’s gone, it’s passed, and the future is yet again bleak.
hahaa every IB album has buried Second Coming easily

Stella
Stella

April 16th, 2018, 1:53 pm #32

Really?

hoho
hoho

April 16th, 2018, 3:07 pm #33

Of course! SC is overblown wank off with no melody IBs solo albums always have great grooves and vocal melodys and original sound Each one is different No Contest!

The Crowman
The Crowman

April 16th, 2018, 6:44 pm #34

SC is immense and so misunderstood too often compared to the debut when in fact it's the sound of a third album. Taking the grooves of fools gold somethings burning but cranking up the guitars with blues inspired brilliance from Squire. A couple of songs resemble the debut but overall a monster of an album something for everyone slightly long I tend to skip tracks 9/10 but a different beast to the debut and just right for the mid 90's and still stands up well in 2018. Brown also wrote some absolute classics easily good enough to be roses songs shame they werent

Stella
Stella

April 16th, 2018, 9:34 pm #35

If you put Squire/Reni/Mani over every Brown solo record...that'd be some output, real shame cos Brown's direction in his solo years would have fitted well with the Roses.

Ian Brown's greatest hits, played with the Roses live?

stiv
stiv

April 17th, 2018, 1:52 pm #36

nah, not having that. ian post golden greats solo output has been minimum 90% shite. the roses was musically john, not ian. john, reni and mani were not ian's backing band. and that shows very clearly in his solo material.

Stella
Stella

April 17th, 2018, 1:54 pm #37

Thanks for that 😂👍

April 17th, 2018, 10:23 pm #38

nah, not having that. ian post golden greats solo output has been minimum 90% shite. the roses was musically john, not ian. john, reni and mani were not ian's backing band. and that shows very clearly in his solo material.
‘90% shite’

Oh dear.

Confirmation of reply: