Foo Fighters
Blur
Keane
The seahorses
Menswear

Fannysyerauntie
Fannysyerauntie

April 12th, 2018, 2:10 pm #23

Yea it doesn’t add up, Squire must have loads of tunes and riffs, he is an idiot if he doesn’t t use them with IB.
I did hear the hooky quote about them
Scrapping an album.
I'm now coming around to the idea there was never any intention.
I always remember a Weller quote at the time about a cynical reformation. John robb was a plant with his question at pressie too.

uvw
uvw

April 12th, 2018, 6:09 pm #24

immaterial really, probably would have made no difference to ticket sales. It was clear in the huge venues that even Second Coming songs were more quietly received, it was the tunes from the first album most people were there to hear. Same as people mainly dont go to Rolling Stones concerts to hear their latest album, they go to hear their hits from the 60s and 70s.

stiv
stiv

April 13th, 2018, 12:29 pm #25

i don't think anyone is suggesting new album talk encouraged ticket sales - although that may have played a part in the later stages of the reunion. i think lots of people think they should have just been honest and upfront, pistols style. instead, they incorrectly thought new album talk would add some credibility or some such bollocks to proceedings. the reality was that ian had come to end of his record deal and been taken to the cleaners in his divorce - all about the money.

rst
rst

April 13th, 2018, 5:33 pm #26

Well he was honest in a way when asked by a journalist if Shaun Ryder was right when he said Ian was doing it because of his divorce and he joked "Any comment Shaun Ryder makes is all right with me. There's always truth in what Shaun Ryder says."
Be interesting to see what spin they put on it if they do another greatest hits tour in a few years time, though people will still buy tickets regardless. The nostalgia is likely to increase with time, not decrease.

ijk
ijk

April 14th, 2018, 11:34 am #27

to be honest i would 100% go and see them again, they are a tight band and it's the original line up. Ian Brown solo, meh!!

From their second album, which is decent but quite different, I think only the following tunes are required: Daybreak &
Breaking into heaven

Would like to hear them do one love & beautiful thing

Get a new single out there, no need for an album just spend as long as it takes to write a decent song and release it, simples!!!

lmn
lmn

April 14th, 2018, 7:45 pm #28

one love and beautiful thing would be great additions! Also agree about a one off single if there's no album.

After making millions and playing to 75,000 a night, it makes you wonder if IB will go back to playing smaller venues for less money. Better gigs tho, imo.

Electro Harmonix
Electro Harmonix

April 15th, 2018, 10:43 pm #29

There will be no new Roses music or gigs, ever. We’re stuck with Ian Browns piss poor solo shit yet again like it’s 2008. I love him but I wouldn’t rush to see him live. It’s gone, it’s passed, and the future is yet again bleak.

Stella
Stella

April 16th, 2018, 8:49 am #30

I was thinking back to SC era Roses, that all seemed to just getting through a tour to fulfil obligations, Reading certainly being the case. Was it really all over by 1991 and they were bluffing?

As for IB solo being piss poor, no one said this prior to TSR reunion, so maybe it's backfired? I like his solo stuff IF they were contrived to share a stage despite hating each other I'm sure they could work separately on an lp? That's the other odd thing, a total lack of dvd releases, if they were all about money HP gig would have made a bundle.

Confirmation of reply: