mikey
mikey

April 9th, 2018, 7:21 am #11

Who's to say? Maybe they did click again as friends and write a few songs. Then later on they decided to scrap them or couldn't convince Reni to record them.

Doesn't mean John was lying at the press conference.

stiv
stiv

April 9th, 2018, 2:18 pm #12

squire doesn't strike me at the spontaneous type - that line sounded rehearsed. if they'd written anything decent, it would have come out instead of all for one.

Chas
Chas

April 9th, 2018, 4:23 pm #13

They released a great album in 1989, Which TOOK THEM MANY YEARS TO WRITE!
We deluded ourselves that they may have had some songs due to being inactive for so long, but alas it was not to be. Legacy ruined, myth about them being the best has been put to bed.

They are no pearl jam.
They ain't the red hot chili peppers
They are not even in the same league as Oasis, or even Noel \ Liam

Crowman
Crowman

April 9th, 2018, 7:33 pm #14

Low output I agree but pearl Jam, chilli peppers or oasis havent released anything to touch these gems.I prefer quality over quantity

I wanna be adored
Waterfall
Made of Stone
Bye bye badman
Ressurection
Fools Gold
Somethings burning
Ten storey love song
Daybreak
Breaking into heaven
Love Spreads

April 9th, 2018, 11:18 pm #15

I guess the truth of what happened will come out some day. Fully expect Ian to say one or two things about it all when he starts publicising his new album.

They did record an album around 2013/2014 - then scrapped it. Perhaps it was too many ego's, too many perfectionists, too much pressure and they bottled it.
They should've knocked it on the head after 2013 and released the live album/dvd instead of dicking around.
Whatever, their legacy remains. Two great albums, an album of fantastic B-sides, and loads of great stories and gigs and memories who grew up with them and got to see them live.
More like ARTHUR LEE'S LOVE or THE PISTOLS than the STONES or OASIS - better to burn out than fade away.

Xyz
Xyz

April 10th, 2018, 9:00 am #16

How do you know they had an album recorded?

It seems unlikely, they wouldn’t scrap an album unless it was really bad

DC
DC

April 11th, 2018, 9:53 am #17

We deluded ourselves that they may have had some songs due to being inactive for so long, but alas it was not to be. Legacy ruined, myth about them being the best has been put to bed.

They are no pearl jam.
They are no pearl jam.

You couldn't have mentioned 3 more MOR bands/music.

Xyz
Xyz

April 11th, 2018, 1:07 pm #18

Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Blur

stiv
stiv

April 11th, 2018, 5:34 pm #19

They are no pearl jam.
i never believed squire and brown were really going to reunite their songwriting partnership - it would be so forced.

some people got on the drummers a cunt wagon, but why did john not properly contribute to the 2 new tunes? he wrote at least half of the lyrics on the debut. i struggle to believe squire and reni didn't have an album's worth of decent tunes amongst themselves, even before involving ian. the reality seems to be at least 2 members of the band saw they hadn't come up with the goods and dragged their heels, and the other 2 wanted to drag it out for the money. one of the reluctant members was more willing to speak up, because they didn't mind falling out with ian brown again. brown's ego in needing to be the main songwriter because of the supposedly successfull solo career probably fucked things up. ooft!

Ghij
Ghij

April 11th, 2018, 7:14 pm #20

Yea it doesn’t add up, Squire must have loads of tunes and riffs, he is an idiot if he doesn’t t use them with IB.

Confirmation of reply: