Adios Señor Pussycat

October 21st, 2017, 5:43 pm #1

In the absence of (ffs) off topic...

I wasn't expecting much of this - Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band - either, but I've been quite pleasantly surprised. I've only had it since this morning, so early days yet, but one of the things you get from this is a consistent voice - I don't mean singing, I mean lyrically - which obviously you don't from Liam. Noel's never really had anything to say, so he doesn't really count.

October 22nd, 2017, 4:26 am #2

I have the LP. I quite like it apart from the overstated s's which I could do without.

Random
Random

October 22nd, 2017, 10:17 am #3

I forgot he had something coming out thanks.. heads over to Amazon. What about Jason Pearce isn't he due a release.

Stella
Stella

October 23rd, 2017, 4:42 pm #4

I wasn't expecting much of this - Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band - either, but I've been quite pleasantly surprised. I've only had it since this morning, so early days yet, but one of the things you get from this is a consistent voice - I don't mean singing, I mean lyrically - which obviously you don't from Liam. Noel's never really had anything to say, so he doesn't really count.
Mick Head used to post on Hobbits

q
q

October 23rd, 2017, 7:43 pm #5

was it Dibble? Good album!

Also see The Fiz is back on Hobbits

tHEhEDGE
tHEhEDGE

October 24th, 2017, 8:31 am #6

It's pretty good.

It's very much 'Magical World Part II'

I know supergroups are not a thing anymore but I'd quite like to hear a 'Scouse CSNY'

Head(s), Mavers(x2) - Ryder Jones (B) - Power(J) - Skellys ...

October 24th, 2017, 3:56 pm #7

I'd go for that!

Maybe not Power though. I might go for Wilkinson (P).

October 26th, 2017, 11:57 pm #8

No Barry Sutton, no dice.

October 27th, 2017, 3:58 pm #9

The Barry Sutton and Chris Sharrock line up of The La's is my favourite. Cammy and Neil are good lads, but they weren't a step forwards in my opinion.

Perhaps (?) I'm shallow, but the Hemmings version were probably the peak, Hemmings is too much of a big nose for me to appreciate as I ought to.

Also, I might prefer Duffy (P) on bass. He did a fine job of the indie supergroup Sgt Pepper in Paris this week. The singing was a bit shit though.

October 28th, 2017, 9:01 am #10

As much as I like Sharrock's drumming he's associated with that utter cunt McNabb so I'm going for Paul Maguire in this 'supergroup'.

Confirmation of reply: