A love letter

A love letter

June 25th, 2017, 6:10 am #1

Something I wrote after Wednesday's show. A love letter to the band. You know the story. Just my thoughts.

The Stone Roses – A Live Crucifixion
https://freaksceneblog.wordpress.com/20 ... ucifixion/

June 25th, 2017, 10:25 am #2

Lovely stuff, Robbo.

By the way, me and thee know each other. I'm Emma's bloke. Good to see you.

June 25th, 2017, 10:58 am #3

Something I wrote after Wednesday's show. A love letter to the band. You know the story. Just my thoughts.

I enjoyed that. Thank you.

G
G

June 25th, 2017, 12:31 pm #4

That's made me feel even more bereft than I do already.
Cheers.
No matter the inevitability of it all, the lack of creativity, the fact that they're a few years off 60, the cries of sell out, it's still a kick in the pants.
Ian Brown solo? Forgive me if I'm not jumping up & down in excitement. But fair play to those who are.
Oh, & it's nice to finally read of someone else's experience of Spike Island that chimes with my own.

Paul
Paul

June 25th, 2017, 4:04 pm #5

I enjoyed that. Thank you.
Maybe its time to tell what you know.

June 26th, 2017, 11:57 am #6

What do I know?

I'll post this, no one has got it right yet.

June 26th, 2017, 12:22 pm #7

I notice the getalong gang are speculating wildly about what has/hasn't gone on, and some (one in particular) are even in denial about the inevitable.

In my opinion, the writing's been on the wall for a while. I think this summer's gigs were probably booked a while ago (well in advance of them being announced), and the band didn't want to pull out of them and let the fans down. Perhaps they were booked by the band with the hope and intention of having new music. I think three quarters of the band were probably pulling in that direction.

There seems to be a complete breakdown in the relationship between Ian and Reni. We'll probably never know the full story, in the same way that we don't know why Reni left the band the first time around. But I am more confident in the relationship between Ian and John being repaired and, hopefully, leaving the door open to some sort of collaboration in future. It would be a big shame if John just drifted off into the wilderness again.

I hope that Ian doesn't rush an album the sake of getting new music out, unless of course he's been working in the studio over the past 12 months. But I am looking forward to seeing him tour again. I hope he goes back to smaller venues and drops the Roses songs (we've ben hearing them since Esher) with the exception of Beautiful Thing, which I think deserves to be played live.

I'm thankful for the past six years and I got to see some great shows, La Cigale in particular will live long in the memory. Those of us who frequented here and Hobbits back in the day probably remember a time when none of this seemed possible, so I'll always be thankful I got to see them play together.

Ducky
Ducky

June 26th, 2017, 1:49 pm #8

Lovely stuff, Robbo.

By the way, me and thee know each other. I'm Emma's bloke. Good to see you.
I'm lonely and afraid.
Last edited by pumpo on June 26th, 2017, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoBoots
NoBoots

June 26th, 2017, 2:59 pm #9

Excellent words.

Some guy
Some guy

June 26th, 2017, 3:58 pm #10

What do I know?

I'll post this, no one has got it right yet.
A random guy that I spoke to outside a pub before the gig on Saturday claimed to be in the know. He said that a new band, Brown, Squire, Mani and Maxi, would record the songs that they have ready to go. He also said that he's heard the third Church studio track, which he said was 'very dark, a bit like Ride On', and said that five songs were recorded in Monmouth, separately, although perhaps just as demos. Finally, he spoke about the two second coming era tracks that had recently been leaked on 'a John squire forum'... Obviously,it was at this point, if not before, that I started to humour him and try to get back to my pint. Claimed his source was manipulated himself, but unless I've missed something, he's talking demonstrable shite with the last point, which in turn makes everything else he said jor credible.

Confirmation of reply: