UFC 39

UFC 39

JP
JP

September 21st, 2002, 1:31 am #1

Anybody going to UFC 39? If so I've got some friends going and it would be funny if you guys could get together and take a picture.

JJG
JJG

September 21st, 2002, 1:59 am #2

-

JP
JP

September 21st, 2002, 3:02 am #3

Well, isn't this the site that says, "NO RULES" at the top of the page, well that's funny because when the UFC started there was "NO RULES" but now there is, just like this site apparently has rules.

Anyways, "Coming to America" has a new meaning nowdays doesn't it, life sure is ironic.

Ginny G.
Ginny G.

September 21st, 2002, 3:09 am #4

Z.
Z.

September 21st, 2002, 3:17 am #5

(nt)

Z.
Z.

September 21st, 2002, 3:29 am #6

Well, isn't this the site that says, "NO RULES" at the top of the page, well that's funny because when the UFC started there was "NO RULES" but now there is, just like this site apparently has rules.

Anyways, "Coming to America" has a new meaning nowdays doesn't it, life sure is ironic.
"No Rules" does not mean "come here and do anything you like". "No rules" means "This is a Neil Diamond board. We're not here to be your parents, but use common sense in what you post". Guys posting about rasslin' is NOT common sense on a Neil Diamond board!

Shirley
Shirley

September 21st, 2002, 11:10 am #7

And you know WHY.

People post on here about everything under the sun including sports. Now if people can post about:

families
religion
pets
football
baseball
soccer
ice hockey
news items
etc.

(all of which I have seen posts about), then why draw the line with wrestling? The fact is the rules seems to be flexible or at least relative.

Shirley
Shirley

September 21st, 2002, 11:11 am #8

flexible or relative.

Z.
Z.

September 21st, 2002, 5:16 pm #9

And you know WHY.

People post on here about everything under the sun including sports. Now if people can post about:

families
religion
pets
football
baseball
soccer
ice hockey
news items
etc.

(all of which I have seen posts about), then why draw the line with wrestling? The fact is the rules seems to be flexible or at least relative.
Last month, you and I were together on this- we saw a trend that could get excessive if left unchecked- off-topic posts. We almost fought a war with people that we usually like and respect over this, because we had concerns about this board, and its direction. We saw their insistence on "the right" to go off-topic taken to extremes, culminating in personal slams and personal judgement against a long-time poster. This should have NEVER happened.

People seem to have backed off now, and the board's balance seems to have been restored, for the most part. Shirley, I agree with you 100%... people in the recent past may have brought these off-topic discussions here, but it appears that we're back to Neil, and you can see a lot of the harmony restored. People may have been pushing the "outer edges" for a bit, and have seen the results (not good) and have retracted the push and returned to Neil posts and we're all the better for it.

Shirley
Shirley

September 21st, 2002, 5:47 pm #10

but where oh where is the line of demarcation? I mean maybe there SHOULD be some rules. Otherwise anybody can post anything. I personally don't mind rules. I mean the header says "just common sense." Well apparently that means different things to different people. I still think it would be a good idea to have a separate part of the board for posts about non-Neil stuff.