The Movie Album: I absolutely adore this album - I just close my eyes and imagine

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

August 19th, 2002, 8:51 pm #1

Neil is singing all these songs TO ME and ME ALONE!! Sometimes I imagine we're dancing, too, - sometimes check-to-check and sometimes in his arms with his eyes locked on mine!

It's no wonder most/all of the men don't like this album! LOL

I was just watching the "Making of The Movie Album" video again - It's been awhile. The only thing that makes me love this album more than listening to it is WATCHING Neil record it. He was obviously very "into" this project and feeling every word of every song!

Listening to the story of the making of this album and watching the footage of some of it - well, it's obvious that this was a musical vision and creative dream that Neil had for a long time. He did a beautiful job of pulling it all together with the help of Leonard Bernstein (spelling?), Alan Lindgren, The Orchestra, and many others. It was a LOT of hard work and was very brilliantly and well done.

"The Movie Album" is MUCH UNDER APPRECIATED today but will, I am positive, in the future become an appreciated, treasured CLASSIC of Movie Love Songs. It may, unfortunately, be posthumously but Neil will someday get the recognition he deserves for this Album!

No, it's not Rock 'n Roll but who says Neil can only do Rock 'n Roll?! Neil is a Music MASTER full of versitility! Yes, he introduced himself to the world in Rock 'n Roll but he hasn't confined himself to the genre and I'm not going to either. Neil is great at whatever he attempts musically. I celebrate this about OUR NEIL!!!!

Marilyn
Marilyn

August 19th, 2002, 9:39 pm #2

I have the video ordered but is on backorder so I have to wait for it. I know I will enjoy it as I love the cd.

Flame
Flame

August 19th, 2002, 9:54 pm #3

Neil is singing all these songs TO ME and ME ALONE!! Sometimes I imagine we're dancing, too, - sometimes check-to-check and sometimes in his arms with his eyes locked on mine!

I was just watching the "Making of The Movie Album" video again - It's been awhile. The only thing that makes me love this album more than listening to it is WATCHING Neil record it. He was obviously very "into" this project and feeling every word of every song!

Listening to the story of the making of this album and watching the footage of some of it - well, it's obvious that this was a musical vision and creative dream that Neil had for a long time. He did a beautiful job of pulling it all together with the help of Leonard Bernstein (spelling?), Alan Lindgren, The Orchestra, and many others. It was a LOT of hard work and was very brilliantly and well done.

"The Movie Album" is MUCH UNDER APPRECIATED today but will, I am positive, in the future become an appreciated, treasured CLASSIC of Movie Love Songs. It may, unfortunately, be posthumously but Neil will someday get the recognition he deserves for this Album!

No, it's not Rock 'n Roll but who says Neil can only do Rock 'n Roll?! Neil is a Music MASTER full of versitility! Yes, he introduced himself to the world in Rock 'n Roll but he hasn't confined himself to the genre and I'm not going to either. Neil is great at whatever he attempts musically. I celebrate this about OUR NEIL!!!!
mostly because it is Neils voice and the orchestra is behind him and not overpowering his voice. For example, I never really noticed what a wide range he can sing (not sure if that's even the correct way to describe it) before TMA. And how long he can hold a note (I have just got to learn more about music)! I hope "you know what I mean". Sometimes I get tuned into all the music going on in his "traditional" sound...the guitars, drums, vocals etc. and at times it can be distracting for me because I try and analyze it without the right tools.

But when I need to relax after a particularly stressful day, TMA is my choice.

I don't have the video, but intrigued enough to put it on my wish list now!

Jade
Jade

August 19th, 2002, 9:57 pm #4

Sorry but this album was pathetic and should have NEVER been done.

BOB
BOB

August 19th, 2002, 11:02 pm #5

^

neil-lover
neil-lover

August 19th, 2002, 11:11 pm #6

I couldn't agree with you more.

neil-lover
neil-lover

August 19th, 2002, 11:13 pm #7

I have the video ordered but is on backorder so I have to wait for it. I know I will enjoy it as I love the cd.
I didn't know there was a video on this, I have my own taped version, but would love the professionally taped one. Could you tell me where you ordered it? Thanks.

Floris
Floris

August 19th, 2002, 11:24 pm #8

Sorry but this album was pathetic and should have NEVER been done.
mistake by singing only slow songs. There are a few very good songs on it like Can't Help Falling In Love, My Heart Will Go On and Unchained Melody. But in my opinion he should have done more uptempo songs. And another big mistake is that it has 2 cd's. Too much of the same kind of songs and it's to expensive. No wonder it wasn't a big hit. And I wouldn't call it the worst album. There are some good songs on it. But it's just to damn slow.

Jade
Jade

August 20th, 2002, 12:15 am #9

^
c

Roger
Roger

August 20th, 2002, 12:43 am #10

^
Sorry Bob. I have to agree with Jade on this one.