Springsteen (not neil related)

Springsteen (not neil related)

Capt Jack
Capt Jack

August 12th, 2002, 4:59 am #1

In the interim between my March Wilkes Barre neil experience, and my september Nassau one- i took the drive to DC for the springsteen show (by the way-paid 50 dollars more for section 400 seats than my 3rd row neil seats!) I have to say- Springsteen is DEFINITELY up there- one of the best live shows i've ever experienced- His new music is incredibly reflective on whats been going on the last 11 months, and the E-Street band as a whole is just a fascinating outfit to watch at work.

JERSEY GUY
JERSEY GUY

August 12th, 2002, 5:37 am #2

BRUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UK David
UK David

August 12th, 2002, 6:49 am #3

In the interim between my March Wilkes Barre neil experience, and my september Nassau one- i took the drive to DC for the springsteen show (by the way-paid 50 dollars more for section 400 seats than my 3rd row neil seats!) I have to say- Springsteen is DEFINITELY up there- one of the best live shows i've ever experienced- His new music is incredibly reflective on whats been going on the last 11 months, and the E-Street band as a whole is just a fascinating outfit to watch at work.
Springsteen now is how I wish Diamond had been in the 80's and 90's.

Too many co-written songs with too little Diamond sound took Neil too far off track. Pity.

freelife
freelife

August 12th, 2002, 2:26 pm #4

you're right, he never lost momentum, he just quit for 7 years.

UK David
UK David

August 12th, 2002, 4:57 pm #5

that Neil should have quit after the Jazz Singer and come back with something like TM or TCO.

Doubtless, most on this Board would disagree but I think we would all have loved the result. Very little Neil did between the Jazz Singer and TM will stand the test of time.

Me a Diamondhead - no, more a Diamond E.A.D. That truly was a Three Chord Opera.