Something funny that happened at work re: TDC!

Something funny that happened at work re: TDC!

Joanne
Joanne

August 30th, 2002, 11:37 pm #1

I hung one of Kenny's Diamond Collection posters in the locker room at work this morning. I was sitting at the front desk when one of the kids came running up to me. She said "Joanne, you're going to freak! Wait 'til you see the poster in the locker room!" I told her that I put it there and she looked really disappointed that she wasn't telling me some fantastic news. Then my co-worker asked me "Is that HIM?" LOL!!! I told her that it isn't HIM. At least people are noticing the poster, Kenny!

Heartlight (Linda V)
Heartlight (Linda V)

August 31st, 2002, 12:06 am #2

hang a BIG poster of HIM in that locker room!

Joanne
Joanne

August 31st, 2002, 12:20 am #3

KENNY!!!!

Eydie
Eydie

August 31st, 2002, 3:38 am #4

I have a recent picture of Neil in England sitting in my office. A colleague visited me today, and I was showing her some of Iris' pictures of him (you know, those close up's she's been posting?).

The visitor glanced at the framed photo of Neil on my desk, and said, "Oh, I can see why you like Neil Diamond.....he looks a lot like your husband!"

She thought the picture on my desk was MY HUSBAND!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Heartlight (Linda V)
Heartlight (Linda V)

August 31st, 2002, 4:47 am #5

SB
SB

August 31st, 2002, 5:42 am #6

I have a recent picture of Neil in England sitting in my office. A colleague visited me today, and I was showing her some of Iris' pictures of him (you know, those close up's she's been posting?).

The visitor glanced at the framed photo of Neil on my desk, and said, "Oh, I can see why you like Neil Diamond.....he looks a lot like your husband!"

than the experience I had today at the university bookstore when I bought a textbook.

When I opened my wallet so they could write down my driver's license info on my check, the cashier noticed the photo of my 10 year old son and asked if it was my grandson.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 31st, 2002, 7:35 am #7

But everyone's different. In all sorts of encounters over the past couple of years alone, I've gotten every estimate of my age from 15 to 26.

Once someone didn't card me because he said "Nah, I'm sure you must be about 26." (I was about 19, I think.)

Just a year ago in a restaurant with my mom, the waitress thought me and my daughter were both her kids. LOL! (My mom IS a damn good looking grandma!)

And another time I was asked how old I was, I said 18, they thought I was 25.

Just a week ago, I said I was 22, they said "Oh, I thought you were about 17."

So.... whatever. LMAO

It can also depend on whether you're wearing make-up or not. I seem to notice if I'm wearing my everyday make-up, people think I'm young, like 18-20. If I don't wear any, people will guess as low as 15. If I'm wearing darker make-up, people think I'm in my mid-20s. So, it all depends.

Then there's of course degree of soberness, time of day, etc. etc......

Joanne
Joanne

August 31st, 2002, 11:49 am #8

Did you tell that person that Neil isn't your husband or did you go right along with it? LOL!!! By the way, has your real husband cut his hair yet?

free
free

August 31st, 2002, 12:06 pm #9

The chicken or the egg?

Eydie
Eydie

August 31st, 2002, 4:08 pm #10

Did you tell that person that Neil isn't your husband or did you go right along with it? LOL!!! By the way, has your real husband cut his hair yet?
The other night I was talking on the phone to Iris.....and had to let her go because he wanted me to put it in a ponytail for him!

Now I'm a HAIRDRESSER!

She and I had a big laugh over that one. It was like I had a child, again, who needed mommy to fix their hair.

Looks like it's going to be growing for a while.