how tall is Neil?

Deb Diamond B.
Deb Diamond B.

September 16th, 2002, 3:15 am #2

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

September 16th, 2002, 3:43 am #3

how tall is Neil?
I am 6 foot even. I had on 1.5 inch wedge sandals. I stood right next to Neil in the group pic at Memphis and Neil was still slightly taller than me (look at the picture below in the group of pics from SB). Neil had on regular mens' street shoes (see the full length pic of just Neil in the group of pics below from SB). All things taken into account, Neil was holding on to an arm load of notebooks and papers (again, see one of the pics) and not standing perfectly upright/straight under the load so he is definitely the reported 6'1" or so or I would have been taller than him!

Jean
Jean

September 16th, 2002, 3:46 am #4

...Neil is 6', give or take a 1/2 inch.

Darla
Darla

September 16th, 2002, 3:55 am #5

I am 6 foot even. I had on 1.5 inch wedge sandals. I stood right next to Neil in the group pic at Memphis and Neil was still slightly taller than me (look at the picture below in the group of pics from SB). Neil had on regular mens' street shoes (see the full length pic of just Neil in the group of pics below from SB). All things taken into account, Neil was holding on to an arm load of notebooks and papers (again, see one of the pics) and not standing perfectly upright/straight under the load so he is definitely the reported 6'1" or so or I would have been taller than him!
in the pictures? The tallest gal, blond in blue shirt? Thanks for the answer. The closest I have been is 14 rows from the stage - looking up from there he looked about 5'10" and is quite small-boned.

Darla
Darla

September 16th, 2002, 4:11 am #6

Didn't see your post under the pictures. Sorry.

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

September 16th, 2002, 4:25 am #7

in the pictures? The tallest gal, blond in blue shirt? Thanks for the answer. The closest I have been is 14 rows from the stage - looking up from there he looked about 5'10" and is quite small-boned.
depending on monitors, etc.) in shorts in the back on the left in the group pictures. I am at Neil's left shoulder - can only see my face and hand - in the group picture with him.

I was dressed for the trip home - not realizing where I was going to end up BEFORE we left town - LOL. I had on NO makeup, and "comfortable" clothes for the 9 hour ride home. The great moments always happen when you're not prepared for them!! Next time I will always be prepared - and probably nothing exciting will happen.

One of my first thoughts when I discovered my good fortune standing next to Neil was, "Well now I can tell everybody on The Board that Neil is DEFINITELY 6'1" tall because he's taller than me!" Unfortunately, I'm all too aware of high tall I am - I am usually taller than MOST people.

I am taller than Hadley and King and Tom and Julia - as I stood close to all of them, also! I can tell you from Bus Call that Alan and Reinie are both about 6'1" or a little taller, Doug about Hadley's height (about 5'9" I'd guess), and Ron is about 5'10" - 5'11", I would guess.

"And that's about the size of it!" (LOL)

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

September 16th, 2002, 4:26 am #8

Didn't see your post under the pictures. Sorry.
Sorry, too!

Darla
Darla

September 16th, 2002, 1:36 pm #9

depending on monitors, etc.) in shorts in the back on the left in the group pictures. I am at Neil's left shoulder - can only see my face and hand - in the group picture with him.

I was dressed for the trip home - not realizing where I was going to end up BEFORE we left town - LOL. I had on NO makeup, and "comfortable" clothes for the 9 hour ride home. The great moments always happen when you're not prepared for them!! Next time I will always be prepared - and probably nothing exciting will happen.

One of my first thoughts when I discovered my good fortune standing next to Neil was, "Well now I can tell everybody on The Board that Neil is DEFINITELY 6'1" tall because he's taller than me!" Unfortunately, I'm all too aware of high tall I am - I am usually taller than MOST people.

I am taller than Hadley and King and Tom and Julia - as I stood close to all of them, also! I can tell you from Bus Call that Alan and Reinie are both about 6'1" or a little taller, Doug about Hadley's height (about 5'9" I'd guess), and Ron is about 5'10" - 5'11", I would guess.

"And that's about the size of it!" (LOL)
that's funny that you had no make-up on and looked your "worst" when you met Neil. Always happens that way!

I only grew to be 5'6" but I reached that height around 6th grade when I towered over everybody! So I have always been very aware of height of other people. My son is 6'2" and I will never get used to looking up at him. So many people in show business are "miniature" so I think it is interesting to know how tall they really are.

Thanks so much for making Neil's height official!

Rev. Bob
Rev. Bob

September 16th, 2002, 4:14 pm #10

...it is so true!!LOL!!