Re: Breaker

Rosie
Rosie

August 23rd, 2002, 4:13 pm #1

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.

Ginny G.
Ginny G.

August 23rd, 2002, 4:53 pm #2

I feel so badly for you. I think it's almost worse since you'd unintentionally been given false hope that he'd be okay. I wish there was something I could say that would help, but I doubt that's possible. You can take solace in knowing that he was loved and well taken care of, and no longer in pain. My heart is breaking for you.

You have my home e-mail if you want to write.

Rev. Bob
Rev. Bob

August 23rd, 2002, 5:16 pm #3

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.
...I'm so soryy to read about Breaker; in my lifetime, I've had to "put down" for pets; it's an extremely painful thing to go through. I've always felt that our four footed furry friends were given to us as "sermons in fur;" they teach us much about loyalty and unconditional love. My prayers and thoughts are with you during this difficult time.......

Joanne
Joanne

August 23rd, 2002, 5:30 pm #4

I was so hoping things would turn out for the best, but I felt guardedly optimistic when you posted the initial results. I wish your vet hadn't raised your hopes so high. My Whiskey had to be put to sleep on December 18 of last year because he had cancer and I still haven't fully gotten over it. I know exactly how you're feeling right now, and my heart goes out to you.
If you need a friend to talk to whose been there recently, I'm leaving my e-mail address for you. One thing that helped me a lot was to hang pictures of Whiskey all over the house. They're still up and I still get a warm feeling when I look at them. Remember the good times..... Hugs.

Joanne
Joanne

August 23rd, 2002, 5:32 pm #5

nt

Jewelie
Jewelie

August 23rd, 2002, 5:41 pm #6

You will grieve for a long time, but will remember the good times and your tears will turn to laughter in a while. It is so difficult to have to let go of a loved pet, especially when we have to make the decision that it is time for them to go. We selfishly wish they would go in their sleep, so we don't have to make that dreaded decision, even though we know they will be at peace.
My thoughts are with you.

Flame
Flame

August 23rd, 2002, 5:51 pm #7

It's such a terrible thing, I know. Lost my last dog to cancer also. My thoughts are with you. Remember the good times through your tears. I still grieve for my Houdini and it's been 9 years. Now that we have this new puppy, it's easier, but I am comparing them all the time. Email me if you want to "talk".

Cherry
Cherry

August 23rd, 2002, 5:58 pm #8

When I first read of his illness, I hoped to myself he would be ok. Then when you thought he would be, I was so happy for you. It make me sad that you and Breaker are going through this. I have 4 myself, and I am thankful for them everyday.

Sue UK
Sue UK

August 23rd, 2002, 6:38 pm #9

And I'm sure many of us here still have a prayer to spare for you. Some years ago a friend's dog was killed in an accident, and they were wondering how they were going to tell their little girl, who had Down's syndrome. When they finally summoned the courage, she thought for a minute, then said, 'But we can still love Daisy, can't we?'. She was right, of course, so go on loving Breaker and being thankful for what you had together. (Hope you don't mind the story, it was offered with the best of intentions.)

Desiree
Desiree

August 23rd, 2002, 6:41 pm #10

I am so, so sorry. I know how this feels and my heart goes out to you.

There is nothing more I can say - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lots of luv and hugs

Shalom