nikki
nikki

August 24th, 2002, 3:24 am #31

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.
wanted you to let him go, but it's still not easy. I'm sending love and prayers.

Jean
Jean

August 24th, 2002, 3:57 am #32

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.
Pets give us so much joy, it's really tough to go through that with a pet. Hang in there.

Carla J.
Carla J.

August 24th, 2002, 4:56 am #33

I know how much a much loved pet is truly a member of the family. We had to put our beloved but very sick dachshund Heidi to sleep in January 1985. I look at a picture of her on my fridge every day and remember what a wonderful pet she was. You are mourning Breaker now, and in some ways always will, but, most importantly, you will remember all the good times you had with your special pet. You are in my thoughts.

Desiree
Desiree

August 24th, 2002, 8:44 am #34

Rosie, I have been pondering all night if I should send this poem to you or not. It was given to me 8 weeks ago, by my vet, when I had to have my little Kipling put to sleep, I know it will make you cry (I am crying now as I type this) but it also brought me a lot of peace and I hope it does the same for you. The tears will be healing tears. I don't know who the author is.

IF IT SHOULD BE......
If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad - I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stand the test,
We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,
You'd not want me to suffer. So,
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend,
Only stay with me till the end,
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
It is a kindness you do me.
Although my tail it's last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved,
And please don't grieve it should be you
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two - these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Rosie, Breaker is now playing at Rainbow Bridge, with my Kipling and all of our departed friends, they play and bark and run together waiting for the day that we can be with them again.

God Bless You my friend, I am thinking of you.

Carlene
Carlene

August 24th, 2002, 3:48 pm #35

to hear the bad news about Breaker's tumor. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved pet. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Soma
Soma

August 25th, 2002, 4:31 am #36

Hold on to the memories of the good times.

Desiree
Desiree

August 25th, 2002, 7:54 am #37

Just to say hi and I am thinking of you.

Shalom