Linda Pollard
Linda Pollard

August 23rd, 2002, 10:16 pm #21

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.
I'm so sorry to read the sad news about Breaker. Our animal pals are so dear to us. I know how terrible it feels to loose one. They really do stay in our hearts forever.

Linda V
Linda V

August 23rd, 2002, 10:39 pm #22

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.
like so many have already said here, there are no words of comfort to ease the pain of losing such a beloved family member as “Breaker”. A little over a year ago I had to make the decision to have my Persian cat, Taki, put down due to kidney failure; he was 14 years old at the time. I couldn’t even bear to let him go, but I knew that I had to because the choice was no longer mine, and he made his own decision to leave us. They say that animals ‘know’ when their time has come. The Vet asked if I wanted to stay with him for the euthanasia, and I just couldn’t bear to watch him ‘go’. I was given a private room and Taki was brought out to me for the last time. I held him, I talked to him, I hugged him, I kissed him and then I left. I just wanted to remember the wonderful memories of him alive, but I could see the ‘stillness’ in his eyes ... he knew better than I what his ‘fate’ was and he totally surrendered and accepted that his “Earth” time was finished.

But what has kept me ‘joyful’ is knowing that he is out of pain, he is at peace, and his spirit lives on forever ... with me. I now have another Persian cat, Luke, and in so many ways, I see the spirit of Taki in him. Just remember, Rosie, that when one door closes, another door opens.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you will finally surrender and ‘accept’ the inevitable ... that in our lifetimes, the chances are very great that a family pet will leave us. But I also know that nothing is ‘forever’ and the love that I have given Taki and he back to me will be returned again ... someday, somehow ... and so it will be with you and “Breaker” also.

Joanne
Joanne

August 23rd, 2002, 10:59 pm #23

After Whiskey died, my dog groomer told me something interesting. She said she read something online (but couldn't remember where) that said when you bring a new pet into your home, a little bit of the past pet's spirit lives on in the new one. Although I see very little of Whiskey in Sunny, he's very much like my Cocker-Poo, Peppy. It's simply amazing. Peppy was all black with a little white "tee-shirt" on his chest. Sunny is the exact same coloring! It's almost like Peppy was re-born in Sunny!!!

M Ohlson
M Ohlson

August 23rd, 2002, 11:16 pm #24

Dear Rosie; His name says it all. I was so soryy to hear about his passing. It hurts so bad when you lose someone you love. Please know that a lot of us are feeling your pain and remembering four legged friends we have lost. God Bless You Marg

Linda V
Linda V

August 23rd, 2002, 11:16 pm #25

After Whiskey died, my dog groomer told me something interesting. She said she read something online (but couldn't remember where) that said when you bring a new pet into your home, a little bit of the past pet's spirit lives on in the new one. Although I see very little of Whiskey in Sunny, he's very much like my Cocker-Poo, Peppy. It's simply amazing. Peppy was all black with a little white "tee-shirt" on his chest. Sunny is the exact same coloring! It's almost like Peppy was re-born in Sunny!!!
Peppy's spirit was reborn in Sunny. Spirits return where they are wanted and welcomed, both in humans and animals ... they just take on a 'new' physical form, but the spirit is the same and it returns to continue giving and receiving love from their former family.

Eydie
Eydie

August 23rd, 2002, 11:25 pm #26

What would we do without them?

I wanted to call you, Rosie, but I have misplaced your phone number. And I can't find a directory listing for you. (I knew I should have put it immediately into my PDA, but I didn't, and now I'm bummed!)

So let me just say here that I am very, very sorry to hear about your "Breaker." Your wonderful memories of caring and unconditional love are sure to bring you comfort in the days to come. Hang in there, ok?

Regina Litman
Regina Litman

August 24th, 2002, 12:46 am #27

While we may not agree on the use of prayer, I share your sadness over the loss of your beloved dog.

Roger
Roger

August 24th, 2002, 1:10 am #28

I am so very sorry to hear that. I was glad when I read your last message thinking everything was going to be fine. My dog is 15 and still quite healthy for his age, but I can tell the years are catching up to him. It will be one of my saddest days when the time comes to say good-bye.

Gem
Gem

August 24th, 2002, 2:02 am #29

(: MY family prayers & thoughts r w/U .. we have lost maNy OUR family .. the Animal KiNgdom iNcluded .. as we coNsider them like OUR family too .. GOD Blessed YOU with this special loved oNe & obviously the cherished memories will live forever as they should be just as they are with HumaN kiNd

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

August 24th, 2002, 2:44 am #30

I know exactly how you feel. I lost our Cocker Spaniel, Kate, to Lymphoma Cancer in October 1996.

I have had dogs since I was 2.5 years old, many times more than one at a time, but Kate was the one who saved my life in 1993. She gave me artificial respiration doggy-style (licked me across the mouth and nose in one swipe to get me to take a breath) for 2.5 hours until my husband came home and took over the situation. She had kept me alive when I needed someone to but it hurt terribly when I couldn't do the same for her. The most I could do for her was stop the suffering, as you have had to do for Breaker.

Our Vet does something that brought a measure of healing for us and so we started doing it also. Whenever a pet under his care passes he makes a contribution in that Pet's honor to an Animal Health Research Foundation. A card was then sent to us from that Foundation saying that a Memorial had been made in their Honor. This gave me the idea to make a contribution to one of our local Pet Resuce Facilities in her name (and 8 months later her sister, Allie). It has always helped to know that other animals have benefited from their deaths as well as the benefit that I received from their lives. I don't know if it would help you as it did me to do something similar.

Breaker knew how much you loved him and will always be your Guardian Angel as well as with you in your thoughts and heart. It hurts terribly and always will but it will get easier to deal with as time goes on. Know that my thoughts are with you and I am praying for peace for you.

Shalom,
"Rev. Barbara"