Jade
Jade

August 23rd, 2002, 6:42 pm #11

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.
I lost two family cats suddenly over a six month period. It was the hardestr thing I have ever done to have them put to sleep. I'm really sorry.

Ginny G.
Ginny G.

August 23rd, 2002, 7:00 pm #12

And I'm sure many of us here still have a prayer to spare for you. Some years ago a friend's dog was killed in an accident, and they were wondering how they were going to tell their little girl, who had Down's syndrome. When they finally summoned the courage, she thought for a minute, then said, 'But we can still love Daisy, can't we?'. She was right, of course, so go on loving Breaker and being thankful for what you had together. (Hope you don't mind the story, it was offered with the best of intentions.)
Your story helped me, and brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing that.

And Rosie, I guess I was so shocked when I read your post, I forgot to say it -- but I will keep you in my prayers.

Joanne
Joanne

August 23rd, 2002, 7:16 pm #13

And I'm sure many of us here still have a prayer to spare for you. Some years ago a friend's dog was killed in an accident, and they were wondering how they were going to tell their little girl, who had Down's syndrome. When they finally summoned the courage, she thought for a minute, then said, 'But we can still love Daisy, can't we?'. She was right, of course, so go on loving Breaker and being thankful for what you had together. (Hope you don't mind the story, it was offered with the best of intentions.)
Often children know how to put into words what we feel. So true.......

Suzanne
Suzanne

August 23rd, 2002, 8:27 pm #14

My "heartbreaker" is no longer with us. The pathology report on the tumor (even though it looked clean) was positive - Lymphoma cancer. Just wanted you to know as you were so gracious with your thoughts and prayers even tho some thought otherwise. My heart is broken but we have so many wonderful memories to cherish.

LATS
LATS

August 23rd, 2002, 8:36 pm #15

all the wonderful moments you had with him will carry you through your sorrow until you meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Anne
Anne

August 23rd, 2002, 8:36 pm #16

It's always hard to loose a pet,. Young or old, sick or well (in my case hit by car) it leaves a hole in our hearts. I will keep you and Breaker in my thoughts.

JoannA
JoannA

August 23rd, 2002, 8:41 pm #17

I'm sure most of us here have been through something similar, I know I have, but I'm glad you have a community such as this to share in your grief and help you through this. As has been said, all you can do is remember the good times. I know Breaker will always hold a special place in your heart and you can take solace in that he doesn't have to suffer anymore.

Lois
Lois

August 23rd, 2002, 9:08 pm #18

the loss of a beloved pet is very hard to bear - your are losing a part of the family - i know exactly what you are going thru - when you lost our dog 4 years ago after she was hit by a car - my heart goes out to you and your family

tomz
tomz

August 23rd, 2002, 9:13 pm #19

Sorry to hear this news.
I know what you must be going through.
Earlier this year the owner of the German shorthair I "sat" for now and then had to put him to sleep.
I still think about "Bixie" often.

Tom

Gloria
Gloria

August 23rd, 2002, 9:13 pm #20

Some people may not understand how you can grieve for an animal, but I firmly believe a pet is a member of the family, albiet a four-legged member. My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved pet. Love and prayers coming your way.