Random Friday night thoughts...

Random Friday night thoughts...

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 17th, 2002, 6:56 am #1

As I was driving home from work tonight around 2 a.m, I had my neil mix cd (mostly jazz singer and later).."he aint heavy" came on, and as i was crossing the bridge I couldnt help but glance at the Manhattan skyline, and remember what the past year has meant to all of us on so many levels. Being a direct part of the initial rescue effort that day, I had quite a different perspective than many people, and I still don't really know if I've processed it all..

However- I realized we're coming up on one year- I saw Neil in NYC exactly a month after, and 4 months after that in PA. And now- it will be a year and six days later, and I'm going to see him again in NY. I know Neil's music means a great deal to a great number of people, but for me personally, it will always be most prominent this past year..

Joanne
Joanne

August 17th, 2002, 12:36 pm #2

I bought a special "9/11 One Year Later" commemorative magazine the other day and was browsing through it last night. The pictures of the strikes against the World Trade Center, The Pentagon and the field in Shanksville, Pa. still send shivvers down my spine. The photos I couldn't stop looking at were of "then" and "now". The ones that really got to me were of people; showing them walking away from the WTC, covered with debris with a look on their faces like they'd just been to hell and back. Then the same people are pictured now, with big smiles on their faces and their arms aound each other. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling very pensive right now and I know the feeling will get stronger as 9/11 approaches. I'm so thankful that our country is still strong and that flags are still flying across our nation. I'll never forget 9/11 and the people who lost their lives. The heroes, like you, will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you.....