prayers please lost girls

prayers please lost girls

chrisuk
chrisuk

August 18th, 2002, 6:45 pm #1

please bear with me I need comfort. I am sitting here in tears because the bodies of two missing ten year old girls have just been found.how can peolpe do that to each other.i dont know these girls i am just a mum please pray for their families

Ginny G.
Ginny G.

August 18th, 2002, 8:22 pm #2

I don't understand "man's inhumanity to man" either, or in this case, to innocent young children. I wish I could understand sometimes.

I'll pray for the families and friends of the girls, and that you too feel some comfort.

Desiree
Desiree

August 18th, 2002, 8:27 pm #3

please bear with me I need comfort. I am sitting here in tears because the bodies of two missing ten year old girls have just been found.how can peolpe do that to each other.i dont know these girls i am just a mum please pray for their families
This terrible story of Holly and Jessica being missing for two weeks and then their bodies being found has had all of us in the UK in tears. Please God these beautiful little girls are now sitting by His side. My prayers are with their families, I cannot begin to comprehend the pain they must all be in. God be with them all.

Shalom

Midnight Dream
Midnight Dream

August 18th, 2002, 8:34 pm #4

have requested that the media stay away and let them grieve, which is rightly so.

I live not many miles away from where this has happened, and can only send my thoughts and prayers to their family.

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

August 18th, 2002, 8:42 pm #5

in this time of horrible tragedy and grief. My thoughts and prayers are with the rest of you nearby as you feel this so incredibly, too. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire world that this kind of evil happens anywhere anytime. Oh, that we could eliminate the evil in this world!

U NO HU
U NO HU

August 18th, 2002, 9:05 pm #6

It's a bit overkill to ask for prayer requests for strangers. Please reserve your prayer requests for humans that are actual acquaintances of you or are board participants themselves.

We cannot have the board cluttered up with prayer requests for everyone that's in the news.

Sue UK
Sue UK

August 18th, 2002, 9:09 pm #7

Oddly enough, I'd just come to the computer to say this very thing and found you had already done it. Over the past two weeks the whole nation seems to have become involved in this awful story, every turn of which has been closely followed in the media. I don't know these people either, but it feels as if these children somehow belong to all of us, and this was a day we had all been dreading. These families and the people of their small town need all the prayers they can get tonight.

Sue UK
Sue UK

August 18th, 2002, 9:18 pm #8

It's a bit overkill to ask for prayer requests for strangers. Please reserve your prayer requests for humans that are actual acquaintances of you or are board participants themselves.

We cannot have the board cluttered up with prayer requests for everyone that's in the news.
If you were, you would know the strength of feeling in this country, and how thoughtless your words sound (though I'm sure they're not meant to). Normally I would agree with you, but I can't recall when a story like this has affected so deeply so many people not directly involved, and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it's the whole country that's in need of prayer. Don't begrudge these people your prayers, they need them more than you can imagine.

Desiree
Desiree

August 18th, 2002, 9:22 pm #9

that you can leave such an unfeeling message. This story has affected all of us in the UK but we do not need the prayers and thoughts of someone who gives so grudgingly.

U NO HU
U NO HU

August 18th, 2002, 9:44 pm #10

If you were, you would know the strength of feeling in this country, and how thoughtless your words sound (though I'm sure they're not meant to). Normally I would agree with you, but I can't recall when a story like this has affected so deeply so many people not directly involved, and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it's the whole country that's in need of prayer. Don't begrudge these people your prayers, they need them more than you can imagine.
I'm in Pennsylvania USA, where some coal miners were trapped for several days and had many of us concerned for their well-being. I was glad to see that no one here felt we had to get involved in praying for them. Unless someone who participates here had a relative among those who were trapped, there was no reason to post prayer requests for them. It was even marginal that some people had to go and post here that they got out okay, but I have to confess that I first learned of the success of this rescue from the messages that were posted here.

Now, about five years ago, there was another tragedy involving someone from Great Britain, back when some of us posted regularly on the old Sony message board, but since the person who died then was someone who had made some public appearances with Neil, I could see the relevance of this tragedy as a message board subject.