OT: James Taylor

OT: James Taylor

tomz
tomz

August 7th, 2002, 2:22 am #1

Got this in an email today
Anone in the Boston/NY area might be interested in it

clip from the email:

"Meet James Taylor in Boston and New York City!

Celebrating the release of October Road, James Taylor will make rare in-store appearances to meet fans and sign copies of his new CD!

NYC: Tuesday, August 13, 7PM at Tower Records: 66th and Broadway (upper west side)

Boston: Wednesday, August 14, 6PM at Virgin Megastore: Corner Mass Avenue/Newbury Street"

ToniB(aka Hey Louise)
ToniB(aka Hey Louise)

August 7th, 2002, 2:33 am #2

If this was 9/19, Thelma and Hey Louise could go pay Jimmy a visit...while we are visiting the Brill Building and lunching at Tavern on the Green! We may even have invited him to join us for lunch...oh well, Jim's loss...

Jade
Jade

August 7th, 2002, 5:38 am #3

Got this in an email today
Anone in the Boston/NY area might be interested in it

clip from the email:

"Meet James Taylor in Boston and New York City!

Celebrating the release of October Road, James Taylor will make rare in-store appearances to meet fans and sign copies of his new CD!

NYC: Tuesday, August 13, 7PM at Tower Records: 66th and Broadway (upper west side)

Boston: Wednesday, August 14, 6PM at Virgin Megastore: Corner Mass Avenue/Newbury Street"
James Taylor is a talented man. He REALLY plays the guitar on stage. He puts on an awesome show. Next to Neil he is my favorite live singer.

Eamon
Eamon

August 7th, 2002, 3:34 pm #4

Neil really does play the guitar on stage as well though like Springsteen he use it in a dramatic fashion.

Jade
Jade

August 7th, 2002, 4:51 pm #5

Taylor plays hard chords, and even moves his CAPO up and down as he does a song.

Eamon
Eamon

August 7th, 2002, 5:03 pm #6

I have a Neil Diamond guitar chordbook at home and was pleasently surprised to see how complex some of Neil's song are.. a few barre chords here and there and some flats and sharps. True the bang hits were mostly EADE but as he matured into a better songwriter his chord progression became more complex. it's a kind of myth that Neil uses easy chords for his songs. Also, I've seen Neil use a capo. A capo doesn't mean anything more than changing the pitch/key to suit your voice.

Regina Litman
Regina Litman

August 7th, 2002, 11:52 pm #7

Last year on the "Behind the Music" T.V. show, Neil talked about an unusual chord he used in "Sweet Caroline", and this chord, just when he goes into "hands, touching hands" and later "warm, touching warm", really enhances the song.

Quite ironic for someone who admitted to being a 3-chord composer.

Jade
Jade

August 8th, 2002, 1:25 am #8

I have a Neil Diamond guitar chordbook at home and was pleasently surprised to see how complex some of Neil's song are.. a few barre chords here and there and some flats and sharps. True the bang hits were mostly EADE but as he matured into a better songwriter his chord progression became more complex. it's a kind of myth that Neil uses easy chords for his songs. Also, I've seen Neil use a capo. A capo doesn't mean anything more than changing the pitch/key to suit your voice.
c