OBSESSED BUT NOT DANGEROUS

OBSESSED BUT NOT DANGEROUS

JADE
JADE

September 13th, 2002, 10:58 pm #1

is how I describe the most diehard ND fans. Going to dozens of concerts every tour is far from normal activity. Writing poems about Neil is far from normal. Buying the same songs over and over again in some re-packaged set is far from normal.

Still the question reamins WHAT IS NORMAL?

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

September 13th, 2002, 11:06 pm #2

Besides, between my Neil Diamond front license plate on my vehicle and my Neil Diamond T-Shirt, everytime I'm out I found several more "normal" Neil Diamond fans. I've now got to go by our Post Office Branch and the Photo Counter at the Wal-Mart Super Center here in North OKC and tell them all when the next Tickets go on sale for any Concerts within driving distance (which is another subjective judgment)! I'm going to have to start keeping a list! I've also been telling them about our little community here.

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

September 13th, 2002, 11:07 pm #3

Rev. Bob
Rev. Bob

September 13th, 2002, 11:55 pm #4

is how I describe the most diehard ND fans. Going to dozens of concerts every tour is far from normal activity. Writing poems about Neil is far from normal. Buying the same songs over and over again in some re-packaged set is far from normal.

..I've been known to write a poem or two among others. Does that make me "abnormal?" I think it's fun. We have to be very careful here in terms of judging anyone. My ultimate loyalty is to God; next comes my family and close friends - next comes my avocational interests, Neil Diamond and the Mystery genre. Am I "abnormal?" I don't think so - but it is difficult to judge oneself. Am I content? Oh yes! Have I made mistakes?
At least one or two a day. Do I get a lot of satisfaction, nourishment and pleasure from the iais message board. You bet! Obsessed? I don't think so. The people here I've gotten to know are the finest, most caring, most thoughtful, most sensitive I've known...and it's with humility and gratitude I stay here for the long haul. And yes, along with others, I'll probably post and create a poem or tow........

tuggie2
tuggie2

September 14th, 2002, 12:15 am #5

I don't think there is anything wrong with checking the internet each day to see if any new tour dates have been announced and catching up with every one on the board - some days I post and others I just check in for a minute to see if everyone is "still here"
Either way I know I am in good company and I have never "met" anyone on here!!

Marilyn
Marilyn

September 14th, 2002, 12:30 am #6

If going to several concerts on a tour, buying multiple cd's with same songs, talking to and meeting other Neil fans is "abnormal"...so be it. Frankly I'm enjoying the hell out of it and don't intend on being "normal" again.

Suzanne
Suzanne

September 14th, 2002, 12:32 am #7

"Normal" is relative. So long as it is not interfereing with your relationships, such quirks as above are "normal".

Ok, how normal is it for someone who sounds like an anti-Neil Diamond fan to post notes on a Neil Diamond BBS daily? I have no idea, because I'm not in your shoes, and you're not in mine.

Sincerely,
From the weirdest one here,
Suzie

Suzanne
Suzanne

September 14th, 2002, 12:36 am #8

"Sometimes I get so weird,
I even freak myself out,
and laugh myself to sleep,
It's my lullabye..."

Who wants to be ordinary?

Suzie

JoannA
JoannA

September 14th, 2002, 12:54 am #9

Stacey
Stacey

September 14th, 2002, 1:19 am #10

If going to several concerts on a tour, buying multiple cd's with same songs, talking to and meeting other Neil fans is "abnormal"...so be it. Frankly I'm enjoying the hell out of it and don't intend on being "normal" again.
There isn't anything wrong with that....Not even dragging a sibling to a concert 900 miles away (right Marilyn) LOL ....