News of My Friend -- not Neil Related

News of My Friend -- not Neil Related

Flame
Flame

August 12th, 2002, 1:10 am #1

Thank you so much for all your prayers! Merlene was moved to OB ICU this morning. Visiting is still restricted to family but I was able to talk to her by phone at 6 pm tonight. She asks for continued prayers as she is not out of the "woods" yet. They have been able to stabilize the bleeding some but she has pneumonia and they can't stabilize her electrolytes. She went into cardiac arrest but they were able to deal with that. However, as long as her electrolytes aren't stable there is still risk of another cardiac arrest. Apparently the trigger of this condition was the surgeon "nicked" an artery during the operation and her abdomen pooled with blood which started the DIC cascade. But she was in good spirits when I called and thanking everyone for their prayers. She wants to get home to her little baby, Gabrielle, who is beautiful and healthy.

In other news, my new puppy a little better too. She stayed awake for over 2 hours today at a time. As some of you know, she has pneumonia and was in the hospital for 4 days. We have to watch her for 2 weeks in case of relapse. But she is drinking and eating better now.

I feel like a big cloud has been lifted from over my head!

Joanne
Joanne

August 12th, 2002, 1:28 am #2

The surgeon nicked an artery? Oh boy, I'd say that doctor could be in big trouble. I hope and pray that Merlene continues to improve. I love the name Gabrielle! On a different note, I didn't know that Willow was sick. Flame, please e-mail me and tell me what happened. Poor little pup.

August 12th, 2002, 1:36 am #3

Thank you so much for all your prayers! Merlene was moved to OB ICU this morning. Visiting is still restricted to family but I was able to talk to her by phone at 6 pm tonight. She asks for continued prayers as she is not out of the "woods" yet. They have been able to stabilize the bleeding some but she has pneumonia and they can't stabilize her electrolytes. She went into cardiac arrest but they were able to deal with that. However, as long as her electrolytes aren't stable there is still risk of another cardiac arrest. Apparently the trigger of this condition was the surgeon "nicked" an artery during the operation and her abdomen pooled with blood which started the DIC cascade. But she was in good spirits when I called and thanking everyone for their prayers. She wants to get home to her little baby, Gabrielle, who is beautiful and healthy.

In other news, my new puppy a little better too. She stayed awake for over 2 hours today at a time. As some of you know, she has pneumonia and was in the hospital for 4 days. We have to watch her for 2 weeks in case of relapse. But she is drinking and eating better now.

I hope she continues to improve!

Lois
Lois

August 12th, 2002, 1:37 am #4

glad to hear merlene is doing a little better - will keep her in my thoughts and prayers -

sure hope willow get better fast too - poor little puppy - what a pity they can't tell us how the feel -

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

August 12th, 2002, 1:41 am #5

Thanks for the update. Keep us in touch with how Merlene and your puppy are doing.

CherylH
CherylH

August 12th, 2002, 1:50 am #6

Mid for posting this was wondering about your friend when I read the post tonight. Will continue her in my thoughts and prayers.
Gabrielle what a beautiful name (guardian angel)
(thanks Mid for the update on mom and baby)

am glad to hear your puppy is somewhat better too. am sorry you had such a rough week . here's hoping it gets better now! Hugs!

Ginny G.
Ginny G.

August 12th, 2002, 3:24 am #7

I'm glad Merlene is doing a little better. Tell her we'll keep the prayers up. I'm sure getting home to her baby will be quite an incentive.

Glad your puppy is doing better, too. I know how scary that feels, and they can't tell you what's wrong or how to help.

Lin
Lin

August 12th, 2002, 4:00 am #8

so reassuring to know that prayers are heard. Thanks for the update. Hugs

Beryl
Beryl

August 12th, 2002, 9:10 am #9

what a rough week you have had.

I am so relieved to hear that both your human pal and your doggy pal are on the mend.

My prayers for you all will continue.

Please keep us all in touch with their progress. Keep your chin up, dear friend, better days are a coming.

Shalom

Jewelie
Jewelie

August 12th, 2002, 9:41 am #10

am happy to hear she is doing better. Another special prayer is on the way for her to recover fully and get home soon to her precious baby.