New name

New name

Beryl
Beryl

August 14th, 2002, 8:57 pm #1

having seen all the cool names you guys and gals use and after much deliberation with one of you I have decided that 'Beryl' is definately uncool. (Never did like my name from childhood). So we have come up with Desiree which I will be posting under in future.

Do I have to get a new look to go with this new name, will it make me feel younger, better? Doubtful but we must try as we get older.

Hope you don't mind the change.

Desiree ex Beryl

Angela other Diamondgirl
Angela other Diamondgirl

August 14th, 2002, 9:35 pm #2

The deliberation Desiree is talking about was with me, I had decided to change my name on the board because I bow to superiority and did'nt want to confuse anyone. The original Diamondgirl suggested LeatherLady for me(she's getting to know me already) but I told her she was the only one who could possibily wear that name. I like Midnight Dream because I'm always around at midnight and Dream, well I won't go into that here. So if anyone does'nt object, Other Diamondgirl will be replaced by Midnight Dream.

previously Other Diamondgirl
previously Other Diamondgirl

August 14th, 2002, 9:47 pm #3

n/t

Flame
Flame

August 14th, 2002, 10:22 pm #4

I hate to admit, I'm confused. I got that Beryl is now Desiree and Angela (aka Other Diamond Girl) is Midnight Dream. But I'm not sure about the post from the previously other DiamondGirl.

I'd like to chalk it up to it being the end of the day, but in reality we all know my brain is a sieve (someday I'm going to look up the spelling of that word, too).

Linda V
Linda V

August 14th, 2002, 10:27 pm #5

numbers beneath both names ... they are the same. I think she was just reiterating her point.

As for 'sieve'... your spelling was 'perfetto'!!!

Midnight Dream
Midnight Dream

August 14th, 2002, 10:31 pm #6

n/t

Midnight Dream
Midnight Dream

August 14th, 2002, 10:34 pm #7

I hate to admit, I'm confused. I got that Beryl is now Desiree and Angela (aka Other Diamond Girl) is Midnight Dream. But I'm not sure about the post from the previously other DiamondGirl.

I'd like to chalk it up to it being the end of the day, but in reality we all know my brain is a sieve (someday I'm going to look up the spelling of that word, too).
n/t

Deanie
Deanie

August 15th, 2002, 8:34 pm #8

having seen all the cool names you guys and gals use and after much deliberation with one of you I have decided that 'Beryl' is definately uncool. (Never did like my name from childhood). So we have come up with Desiree which I will be posting under in future.

Do I have to get a new look to go with this new name, will it make me feel younger, better? Doubtful but we must try as we get older.

Hope you don't mind the change.

Desiree ex Beryl
Believe it or not, my parents named Radyne - pronounced "Rae dean." Thankfully, my older sister couldn't pronounce it when I was born and she nicknamed me Deanie. Of course now that I'm in my sixties, it may be a tad bit juvenile. I've had problems all my life with my name: My Dad never did learn how to spell it; always on the first day of school teachers called me Rodney and of course my classmates laughed at me; and to add insult to injury, I was even sent a draft notice when I got out of high school. I have never ever heard of another person with this name except for the poor woman that my parents got this billiant idea from. People should take care and seriously think about the names they pick out for their offspring. An extremely unusual name, like mine, can lead to many problems. I could go to my Hebrew name which is Rivka-Rachel. However, Rivka was the name of that awful 1st wife in "Jazz Singer;" and Rachel - uh . . well . . um . . . . .

However, I do know several women with the name of Beryl. One of them is extremely beautiful and brilliant and even very nice.

Anyway, have fun with your new name.

Desiree
Desiree

August 15th, 2002, 9:43 pm #9

My Hebrew name is also Rivka and I much prefer it to my English name. Did try in teenage years to get my family to call me by it, but they stuck to Ginger (always, always hated my red hair) or Pidgeon (My late father's name for me and only he was allowed to use it) or Beryl (only when I was in trouble). You are right parents should be very careful when they name their children.

I am quite happy with Midnight Dreams suggestion for a new name but it will only apply here, guess I am to used to a very familiar cry of "Muuuuuummmmmm". (and that is the best name of all).

Shalom