More new Earls Court concert photos...

More new Earls Court concert photos...

Steve_B
Steve_B

August 12th, 2002, 11:24 am #1

are now on my website. My thanks to Hans for supplying these great shots!

I've also added a few items in the CD Collection Galleries.

Here's the link: http://www.fond.fsnet.co.uk

freelife
freelife

August 12th, 2002, 2:04 pm #2

copywrited? Is it the site design, the name? I just now noticed the copywrite. (I'm not too observant of other things when Neil photos are involved). Do you design sites as a profession? Again, just curious, you don't have to answer.
As usual, your site is well done and interesting. Thanks for all your efforts. And did you get my email?

Iris
Iris

August 12th, 2002, 3:17 pm #3

How the shadow of Neil's hand looks like a crown on his shirt?

Beautiful photos, Hans!

Steve, your site is rapidly becoming one of my all time Neil favorites (favourites)! Keep up the great work!!!

Steve_B
Steve_B

August 12th, 2002, 3:27 pm #4

I had noticed the shadow of course, but until you mentioned it, I didn't relate it to a Crown!

Well spotted, indeed!

Kathlleen
Kathlleen

August 12th, 2002, 7:19 pm #5

Many thanks for the great new photos from Earls Court - ah happy memories indeed!!!

Flame
Flame

August 12th, 2002, 8:36 pm #6

Beautiful photos, Hans!

Steve, your site is rapidly becoming one of my all time Neil favorites (favourites)! Keep up the great work!!!
Now, I just saw the hands, boy do I love his hands (that darn IGYHWMT video did it to me) so I didn't see the crown. Now I love the photo even more.

Joanne
Joanne

August 13th, 2002, 1:20 am #7

Beautiful photos, Hans!

With the shadow of the crown on Neil's shirt, it's almost spooky! Thank you so much!

Z.
Z.

August 13th, 2002, 4:43 am #8

copywrited? Is it the site design, the name? I just now noticed the copywrite. (I'm not too observant of other things when Neil photos are involved). Do you design sites as a profession? Again, just curious, you don't have to answer.
As usual, your site is well done and interesting. Thanks for all your efforts. And did you get my email?
I hadn't done much reading on "rights" to a website design, so I don't know if he can claim to exclusively own the design itself. With websites being as they are, it's possible to get extensive design ideas by looking at other sites and either copying the HTML as a model, or trying one's darndest to make one's site look "like that one". I don't find that objectionable, as long as the design, but not the content is copied.

IMHO, it's the content that's important. To me, all the Java bells n' whistles cannot compensate for CONTENT. To me, it's the written word that expresses someone else's IDEAS and THOUGHTS to me. Pictures are nice as illustrations, or as something to break up the monotony of text, but when I'm looking around the web, it's original thoughts in written form that keep me coming back!

Steve can easily and legally claim copyright on his text and photos. We have had incidents in the past were some "fans" (derisively called "pathetic moochers" by me) would simply go to other Neil fans sites and copy some photos, paste them up on their own "new" website and go crowing to the world about how "wonderfully creative" they are and expect the praise and prestige to roll in.

Now, being a tight-knit community, where people have friends who have friends who hear about these pathetic moocher sites and then pass the word around... these moochers end up NOT GETTING the accolades they want. These pathetic mooch websites end up going by the wayside because of complaints or lack of support.

So, I think Steve is simply playing it safe and claiming copyright where he can, in case somebody does come by and think they can just copy everything en-masse and try to take all the credit for it. Steve has a) the copyright and b) the support of us, so, for the most part, that would discourage plagiarism attempts.

free
free

August 13th, 2002, 6:31 am #9

Just wondering. Thanks for the info. I was just curious if an actual website design could be copywrited. A whole lot of effort and creativity goes into them, and to me, they can be another form of artistic talent. The photos I know can be copywrited, just didn't know about the rest of it.

Z.
Z.

August 14th, 2002, 4:07 am #10

What is blog? A verb?