Kennedy Center Honors

Kennedy Center Honors

Dorothy
Dorothy

August 20th, 2002, 10:32 pm #1

Paul McCartney had to decline his invitation to be honored by the Kennedy Center in December. He will get his next year; meanwhile, Paul Simon has been picked to be part of this year's honors. Where the heck is Neil is all of these honors?! He deserves to be honored by the Kennedy Center, don't you think?

Marg O
Marg O

August 20th, 2002, 10:37 pm #2

I had a program on this morning on Fox and they mentioned that Barbra Striesand had been trying to get the Kennedy Center honor for years. They agreed she deserved it but they also all three said Neil does too.And I agree.Marg

Joanne
Joanne

August 20th, 2002, 11:00 pm #3

Paul McCartney had to decline his invitation to be honored by the Kennedy Center in December. He will get his next year; meanwhile, Paul Simon has been picked to be part of this year's honors. Where the heck is Neil is all of these honors?! He deserves to be honored by the Kennedy Center, don't you think?
...and I agree with him. The Kennedy Center Honors takes place on December 8 which is the anniversary of John Lennon's death. Need I say more....

Dorothy
Dorothy

August 20th, 2002, 11:08 pm #4

It's just not possible to argue with your son's theory after learning about the timing.

free
free

August 20th, 2002, 11:32 pm #5

rock or am having a senior moment. Can someone explain? Thanks!

Linda V
Linda V

August 20th, 2002, 11:59 pm #6

Linda V
Linda V

August 21st, 2002, 12:01 am #7

SB
SB

August 21st, 2002, 12:48 am #8

at some time in the not-so-near past. I see that he wasn't listed as a past honoree--did he perform at one of these functions??

Robyn
Robyn

August 21st, 2002, 1:25 am #9

...and I agree with him. The Kennedy Center Honors takes place on December 8 which is the anniversary of John Lennon's death. Need I say more....
Don't know if it's true, but I read that Paul's niece is getting married that day and he had already agreed to be a part of that ceremony.

free
free

August 21st, 2002, 1:43 am #10

the brain tonight!