John Clayton's FAN Article - Manchester Union Leader

John Clayton's FAN Article - Manchester Union Leader

Glo V
Glo V

September 16th, 2002, 1:11 pm #1

Neil Diamond fans are forever

IF YOU KNOW your geography, you know that Diamond Head is in Hawaii.

However, if you are up to speed on a certain musical, cultural and sociological phenomenon, you should know that over the next seven days, Manchester will become a haven for thousands of Diamond Heads. ----- Diamond Heads are Neil Diamond fans.

Even as you read this, they are gravitating this way. Neil Diamond fans are forever

Bev
Bev

September 16th, 2002, 3:12 pm #2

It's nice to see a picture of Joanne and her daughter. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Ginny G.
Ginny G.

September 16th, 2002, 3:34 pm #3

However, if you are up to speed on a certain musical, cultural and sociological phenomenon, you should know that over the next seven days, Manchester will become a haven for thousands of Diamond Heads. ----- Diamond Heads are Neil Diamond fans.

Even as you read this, they are gravitating this way. Neil Diamond fans are forever
Great article, great quotes, "Holly, Holy," I wish I were going to be there! You all did a great job answering those questions.

Joanne, that picture of you, your daughter and Sunny is so cute! (Although I was sure you had dark hair -- funny how we get these ideas!)

Hope you all have a marvelous time -- well, how can you miss?

Rev. Bob
Rev. Bob

September 16th, 2002, 4:17 pm #4

.....to have a reporter quoting correctly! Joanne and Melissa...
you look like two charming sisters. Joanne, you certainly don't look old enough to be her mother!! Love Sunny......

Anne
Anne

September 16th, 2002, 4:33 pm #5

Joanne that's a wonderful picture of you all.

I especially like the quote from Linda "If you buy a CD ...." .

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tori (aka Thelma)
Tori (aka Thelma)

September 16th, 2002, 4:35 pm #6

.....to have a reporter quoting correctly! Joanne and Melissa...
you look like two charming sisters. Joanne, you certainly don't look old enough to be her mother!! Love Sunny......
This is a really GREAT article - even our own Hey Louise got an honorable mention (you know, she is the one from Scottsdale AZ that Tim was talking about who called to get tickets 2 hours after TDC booked the Yard!) Manchester is looking like the highlight of the trip - can't wait to meet everyone!

Joanne
Joanne

September 16th, 2002, 5:08 pm #7

John Clayton wanted another fan photographed, but he couldn't get in touch with him. (I saw YOU in Worcester!) Thursday afternoon when I got back to work from my lunch hour, John told me that he had to have a picture for his 9/16 deadline and I had to be it!!! I asked Missy to please be in it with me, and Eydie told me to hold on to Captain Sunshine for dear life! When I got home from work, I pulled out every single Neil Diamond item I had and stacked everything up on the table. When the photographer got there, he looked through all my albums looking for two that "screamed Neil Diamond"! (He didn't even look at the rest of my collection.)
At first he had Missy holding the Primitive album and I had On The Way To The Sky. When I noticed what Missy had, I switched albums with her; I couldn't have my daughter holding Primitive; YIKES!!!! Then I tried to tie a Neil Diamond bandana around Sunny's neck but he tried to eat it! It was a super-hectic couple of hours. I just love the article. I basically knew what was going to be in it, but I got soooooo excited about next weekend when I read it. Bring it on; I'm TOTALLY psyched! Linda, I LOVE your comment comparing numerous concerts with CD's. GREAT answer! Rev. Bob, very interesting comments. I just knew John Clayton would do a good job, and he did.

Soma
Soma

September 16th, 2002, 5:18 pm #8

Joanne - your picture was great. Wish I could join all of you. Have fun!!!

NHChris
NHChris

September 16th, 2002, 6:45 pm #9

John Clayton wanted another fan photographed, but he couldn't get in touch with him. (I saw YOU in Worcester!) Thursday afternoon when I got back to work from my lunch hour, John told me that he had to have a picture for his 9/16 deadline and I had to be it!!! I asked Missy to please be in it with me, and Eydie told me to hold on to Captain Sunshine for dear life! When I got home from work, I pulled out every single Neil Diamond item I had and stacked everything up on the table. When the photographer got there, he looked through all my albums looking for two that "screamed Neil Diamond"! (He didn't even look at the rest of my collection.)
At first he had Missy holding the Primitive album and I had On The Way To The Sky. When I noticed what Missy had, I switched albums with her; I couldn't have my daughter holding Primitive; YIKES!!!! Then I tried to tie a Neil Diamond bandana around Sunny's neck but he tried to eat it! It was a super-hectic couple of hours. I just love the article. I basically knew what was going to be in it, but I got soooooo excited about next weekend when I read it. Bring it on; I'm TOTALLY psyched! Linda, I LOVE your comment comparing numerous concerts with CD's. GREAT answer! Rev. Bob, very interesting comments. I just knew John Clayton would do a good job, and he did.
Now I know what you look like so you don't have to wear the red carnation next Sunday! LOL... That is a terrific article and picture of you and your daughter. It was so neat to recognize so many names from this board in the article... good job!

Flame
Flame

September 16th, 2002, 7:40 pm #10

Absolutely one of the best I've ever read. So many of you got your names in and quoted too. Joanne, I just love that Sunny is in the photo!

Omg, this is so real now. I cna't believe it. 6 more days and I'll be in Manchester!!! OMG! OMG!