Imagine... One more hit-song in the charts and ...

Imagine... One more hit-song in the charts and ...

Walter (from Austria)
Walter (from Austria)

September 16th, 2002, 8:57 pm #1

Neil´s popularity would take off.

All the fans from today plus new fans to be gained with a new hit...

I like Neil´s music as it is but, anyway, would be great to see him again on top of the charts.
C´mon, Neil, go for it. Santana showed us that virtually everything is possible in music business.

Wouldn´t it be great to see Neil again on top?
What would he have to do?

I´m curious to hear more about your opinion....

Flame
Flame

September 16th, 2002, 9:27 pm #2

We are hearing stories from our friends on IAIS about new people being exposed to Neil's music and loving it! But I can't wait for a new album to come out and I'm hoping there will be a chart topper in it because I'd love to see him in top 10 (again and again and again).

Floris
Floris

September 16th, 2002, 10:09 pm #3

I like Neil´s music as it is but, anyway, would be great to see him again on top of the charts.
C´mon, Neil, go for it. Santana showed us that virtually everything is possible in music business.

I think that if they released A Mission Of Love, Baby Let's Drive or Don't Look Down one of them would at least make the top40. But there is only one problem. Promotion!!! I still can't believe why Neil signed until 2010 with Sony.
Younger people only hear the songs liek Love On The Rocks, Hello Again, You Don't Bring Me Flowers, Song Sung Blue or Sweet Caroline. All fantastic songs, but not something that younger people like. So why not release one of the 3 three songs listed above?

Soma
Soma

September 16th, 2002, 11:56 pm #4

Since we can't do much about promotion, let's work on the exposure. A lot of people I've introduced to Neil's music love it. He's done so well by word of mouth

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 17th, 2002, 6:09 am #5

We are hearing stories from our friends on IAIS about new people being exposed to Neil's music and loving it! But I can't wait for a new album to come out and I'm hoping there will be a chart topper in it because I'd love to see him in top 10 (again and again and again).
Young, old, doesn't make a difference. There's so much music out there waiting to be heard. And if you keep your ears open, you'll hear it all the time. I know that if I'd stayed listening to just what was on top 40 radio, there'd be no way I'd be into half of the great stuff I'm into today.

In this day and age, a kid's only hope is open-mindedness when it comes to music they hear. And a willingness to venture into AM.. or some other genre besides pop once in a while. lol Because their popular FM radio station or MTV sure as hell aren't going to give them the variety they deserve to hear.

Flame
Flame

September 17th, 2002, 5:08 pm #6

Since we can't do much about promotion, let's work on the exposure. A lot of people I've introduced to Neil's music love it. He's done so well by word of mouth
I've got a couple of 20 somethings here at work listening to Play Me and Serenade. The verdict is still out.

JADE
JADE

September 18th, 2002, 3:16 am #7

Simply because radio stations would not play it.