I liked Love at the Greek

I liked Love at the Greek

JADE
JADE

September 18th, 2002, 5:57 pm #1

much more than HAN II. Love at the Greek was Neil's voice at it's best. I didn't like the Helen Reddy, and Henry Winkler bit.

I loved the live version of "If You Know What I Mean" and "Glory Road." I even liked the Jonathon thing.

There is a reason why this album sold two and a half million copies.

UK David
UK David

September 18th, 2002, 6:05 pm #2

Diamond was arguably the best live performer in the world at that point and had matured greatly as an artist following his sabbatical.

Diamond was OK up until 1977. It was what happened after (aside from the Jazz Singer) that broke my heart.

CherylH
CherylH

September 18th, 2002, 6:18 pm #3

much more than HAN II. Love at the Greek was Neil's voice at it's best. I didn't like the Helen Reddy, and Henry Winkler bit.

I loved the live version of "If You Know What I Mean" and "Glory Road." I even liked the Jonathon thing.

I dont have Love At The Greek (everybody talks about this one too hmmm.) but I can tell you HANII is not one my favorite CD's. is nothing like HAN. So you saying Jonathan is on this album huh? hmmm might have to go a lookin'.

luvneil
luvneil

September 18th, 2002, 6:39 pm #4

love at the greek has always been my favorite, more so than HAN, but if you are going to get it, try searching for the old album rather than the CD, (if you still have a turntable that is), or maybe even cassette tape, i think they left some songs off of the remastered CD.

Sue UK
Sue UK

September 18th, 2002, 6:59 pm #5

For some reason the CD is missing a really nice Longfellow Serenade and a - er - well, ask the Aussies about Last Picasso!

Marilyn
Marilyn

September 18th, 2002, 7:27 pm #6

nt

Alan Smith
Alan Smith

September 18th, 2002, 7:36 pm #7

Hope there's another one on there!

Marilyn
Marilyn

September 18th, 2002, 8:02 pm #8

n/t

MidnightTrisha
MidnightTrisha

September 18th, 2002, 8:10 pm #9

Hope there's another one on there!
Alan, email me.....I've got several copies, I'll send you one for $2 plus postage. <g>

darren diamond
darren diamond

September 18th, 2002, 8:48 pm #10

Totally agree, Love At The Greek is definately Neil at his best. At 27 ive only had the pleasure to see the 90's and 2000 shows and do wish i could have seen a live concert back then and definately at the Greek Theatre, what an atmostphere that place creates!!