I guess it's cause I'm tired...

I guess it's cause I'm tired...

Mary Beth
Mary Beth

August 8th, 2002, 4:21 am #1

My dad loves Neil Diamond, actually I was the one that got him listening to it. I've been missing here for 2 weeks and I just popped in cause I thought of Dad and Neil. My father is recuperating from an operation at the moment. They were hoping to remove a tumor from his pancreas but it turned out to be bigger then they thought so it's gonna be chemo.

I'm sitting here tonight just kinda feeling confused because I'm trying to make everyone happy but I'm not thinking of myself. Then I started thinking of ND and here I am.

Don't mind me - it's 12am and I'm tired and have to get up early tomorrow. Why can't it be the Neil Diamond concert tonight at Continental instead of Springsteen. I really need to see that concert, hear his voice...

Rev Barbara
Rev Barbara

August 8th, 2002, 4:30 am #2

And remember we're always here anytime you need us or to escape into Neil chat!

I'll be praying for your Dad as he goes through treatment and for you and the rest of your family and friends as you watch, wait, and support.

You have to remember to take time for yourself once in awhile. Plus, if you're like me, you must be reminded to let others do for YOU sometimes instead of you always doing for them! Don't always be strong, lean once in awhile. We all need to.

Shalom,
Rev. Barbara

Flame
Flame

August 8th, 2002, 4:42 am #3

My dad loves Neil Diamond, actually I was the one that got him listening to it. I've been missing here for 2 weeks and I just popped in cause I thought of Dad and Neil. My father is recuperating from an operation at the moment. They were hoping to remove a tumor from his pancreas but it turned out to be bigger then they thought so it's gonna be chemo.

I'm sitting here tonight just kinda feeling confused because I'm trying to make everyone happy but I'm not thinking of myself. Then I started thinking of ND and here I am.

Don't mind me - it's 12am and I'm tired and have to get up early tomorrow. Why can't it be the Neil Diamond concert tonight at Continental instead of Springsteen. I really need to see that concert, hear his voice...
I hope he will tolerate the treatment with minimum side effects. It is hard to let go, isn't it? I'm the same way.

You talking about your Dad and the Neil connection reminded me why I'm so hooked on TMA. A lot of those songs were my Dad's era. He used to sing Moon River to me and we danced to it at my wedding. It brings tears to my eyes when I hear Neil sing it because my Dad was a baritone too. (Somehow, I didn't inherit the music gene, however).

luvneil
luvneil

August 8th, 2002, 4:58 am #4

sorry to hear of this, will keep your dad in my prayers.

DiamondGirl
DiamondGirl

August 8th, 2002, 6:53 am #5

and making everyone else happy and at ease.
Put on a little Neil music and go take a warm bath and relax.......

freelife
freelife

August 8th, 2002, 9:16 am #6

Neil's music too. Let it wash over and rejuvanate you as you need to take care of yourself. I'm almost in the same situation with my mom as you are with your dad. She has an appointment with a neurosurgeon because an MRI has shadowed a brain tumor. So here I am sitting at 5am listening to Essential and surfing because I can't sleep either. We both end up at iais because so many people here care about each other.
If you ever want to talk my ID on aol and yahoo and MSN instant messaging is freelifend. If you see me on line, be sure to say hello, and we can keep each other company for awhile.

Eydie
Eydie

August 8th, 2002, 10:08 am #7

It has the power to heal, as we all know. Add some strength to your day. Serenade is a good place to start.

Thinking about you.
...Eydie

Beryl
Beryl

August 8th, 2002, 10:28 am #8

Mary Beth, I know from experience that Neil's music will help you at this time. When I nursed both my mum and my dad through long and very difficult illnesses, I would turn to Neil's music to see me through. When things were really bad I'd put a really upbeat album on my headset, turn the volumn up real loud and just loose myself. Believe me when the music is loud you cannot think of anything else. Neil's music was the only thing that got me through those long dark nights.

Also remember your friends are here for you - there is usually someone in the different time zones who will be awake when you are and we'll always chat and try to help you through.

You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers, keep strong.

Shalom
Beryl

Aussie Gem
Aussie Gem

August 8th, 2002, 10:58 am #9

and best wishes to your Dad and you and the rest of you family. Take care of yourself too - as the others have said - and do some Neil listening .....

Ginny G.
Ginny G.

August 8th, 2002, 12:09 pm #10

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's bad news. Sometimes it all seems so overwhelming. I agree with the others -- let Neil's music soothe and distract you when you have time to yourself... or maybe share it with your dad since he's a fan. We're here for you.