I got a kiss at Uniondale!

I got a kiss at Uniondale!

StephanieNY
StephanieNY

September 18th, 2002, 7:20 pm #1

I just read Tori's (Thelma and Louise's) review of last night's show and am thrilled out of my mind to report I WAS ONE OF THE 4 WHO KISSED NEIL!! (Actually, if you count the little girl who got the kiss on the cheek there were 5)

I was in the 3rd row so the only way this could have happened was with the right alignment of the sun, moon and stars. And so it seems it was meant to be and I can only explain that it was fate that drove me to sieze the moment. For those of you who where there, I was the 3rd "girl" with shoulder length reddish hair, jeans and a light purple polo shirt. Needless to say, I was not at all planning on having my dream come true so I was dressed like a slouch and had on no makeup at all. But who cares!

I have to say, I've been so in awe of the people who've had front row seats (I haven't), who travel the world to see him (haven't left the NYC area), who know what a bus call is (I don't) who manage to know what hotel he stays in (I don't) and all the people who've managed to get his picture in the lobby (I haven't). But last night, the moment was mine. All I keep thinking is the line from the American Idol song, "I can't believe this is happening to me...some people wait a lifetime, for a moment like this..."

I have had a crush since I was 11 when the Jazz Singer came out. My friends wrote in my yearbook Stephanie & Neil Forever. ha ha! I'm so glad my cousin was with me because I keep asking her if it really happened. But she assures me - IT HAPPENED. It was quick, but on his oh-so-soft lips.

Off to East Rutherford where I can relax from the 10th row - no chance for another kiss, so I'll just enjoy the show! (and watch for Rich to propose to his girlfriend in the front row!)

Flame
Flame

September 18th, 2002, 7:53 pm #2

Am sooooooooo happy for you! And thanks so much for posting and sharing your experience. Now I hope someone was able to get a photo for you so you will have it forever! Now you're not going to ever kiss anybody else are you???(like never washing you hand if he touches you, lol). Certainly, it was your day to be in the spotlight. Millions of us are saying, oh, if only it were me; now you ARE the one!

Marilyn
Marilyn

September 18th, 2002, 8:01 pm #3

I just read Tori's (Thelma and Louise's) review of last night's show and am thrilled out of my mind to report I WAS ONE OF THE 4 WHO KISSED NEIL!! (Actually, if you count the little girl who got the kiss on the cheek there were 5)

I was in the 3rd row so the only way this could have happened was with the right alignment of the sun, moon and stars. And so it seems it was meant to be and I can only explain that it was fate that drove me to sieze the moment. For those of you who where there, I was the 3rd "girl" with shoulder length reddish hair, jeans and a light purple polo shirt. Needless to say, I was not at all planning on having my dream come true so I was dressed like a slouch and had on no makeup at all. But who cares!

I have to say, I've been so in awe of the people who've had front row seats (I haven't), who travel the world to see him (haven't left the NYC area), who know what a bus call is (I don't) who manage to know what hotel he stays in (I don't) and all the people who've managed to get his picture in the lobby (I haven't). But last night, the moment was mine. All I keep thinking is the line from the American Idol song, "I can't believe this is happening to me...some people wait a lifetime, for a moment like this..."

I have had a crush since I was 11 when the Jazz Singer came out. My friends wrote in my yearbook Stephanie & Neil Forever. ha ha! I'm so glad my cousin was with me because I keep asking her if it really happened. But she assures me - IT HAPPENED. It was quick, but on his oh-so-soft lips.

Off to East Rutherford where I can relax from the 10th row - no chance for another kiss, so I'll just enjoy the show! (and watch for Rich to propose to his girlfriend in the front row!)

n/t

Midnight Dream
Midnight Dream

September 18th, 2002, 8:03 pm #4

hope too someone has a photo they can pass on to you.
Wonder how many jealous ladies there are out there, count me as No 2, as Flame got here first she No. 1.

WeakonNeil
WeakonNeil

September 18th, 2002, 10:48 pm #5

How did it happen??? Did he call you from that row???
I heard at one concert he picked a gal form 3rd in the past. Do tell a little more. FOr I am confused how it became that way. Did he smell good.?????

NHChris
NHChris

September 18th, 2002, 11:07 pm #6

From the 3rd row, no less....What a wonderful memory for you--treasure it always! Hmmmm, you got me thinking about my odds from the 5th row now, which I never even had given a thought until now.....I'm a tall drink of water...I could stomp over 4 rows no problem if I saw that beckoning finger coming my way..LOL....Don't know what Mom would think about it though seeing as she will be sitting right next to me! She'd probably push me out of the way and head up there herself!

Seriously, congratulations to you!

DiamondGirl
DiamondGirl

September 18th, 2002, 11:38 pm #7

love reading these one.

Joanne
Joanne

September 18th, 2002, 11:43 pm #8

From the 3rd row, no less....What a wonderful memory for you--treasure it always! Hmmmm, you got me thinking about my odds from the 5th row now, which I never even had given a thought until now.....I'm a tall drink of water...I could stomp over 4 rows no problem if I saw that beckoning finger coming my way..LOL....Don't know what Mom would think about it though seeing as she will be sitting right next to me! She'd probably push me out of the way and head up there herself!

Seriously, congratulations to you!
"I'm a tall drink of water" I've never heard that one before! Hmmm, does that make me a glass of juice because I'm 5'4"? Way to go, Stephanie! A Neil moment forever saved in your memory bank for sure!

tuggie2
tuggie2

September 19th, 2002, 12:51 am #9

this is so great !!! I loved reading about your moment & know you will have sweet dreams for a long time to come!!!

Gloria
Gloria

September 19th, 2002, 1:26 am #10

It's so great when an appreciative fan gets a chance to get up close and personal with Neil. It's a moment in time you'll never forget, that's for sure. I'm really, really happy for you.