Hot August Night for the Aussie's last night

Hot August Night for the Aussie's last night

DiamondGirl
DiamondGirl

August 17th, 2002, 1:38 am #1

ln Melbourne and what a start it got off to.
Aussie Jibe and Aussie Gem , ljk and yours truly had our meal and made our way down to the dark depths of this entertainment venue and found some seats.....Low and behold our entertainer walks in and goes behind the curtain, we have 15 mins before show time.
When all of the sudden Aussie Gem was having an attack of turtle neck, never seen how far a neck can stretch it was quiet spooky. No wonder she she's a chiropractor.
Upon inspection l discovered she was watching Steve change. YES we could see it all and she wasn't going to share this moment with us. Leather was on the wardrobe list and we screamed "Get It Off".
Then upon our disgust someone taped the rest of the curtain together ,
As if this wasn't enough LJK and myself went upstairs to find the rest of the group and low and behold a bunch of bikies in LEATHER came throbbing up the driveway. To much leather in one night , we strolled on past as l ran the tips of my fingers over the leather seat,it was still hot mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Found the rest of the group and we had to walk past the bikies again.Just one more feel .........ohhhh yes.
Okay the sounds of Crunchy Granola came rippling through the place and we were off and dancing.
Aussie Gem was sitting there , didn't want to move. A guy came and sat next to her with yeappppppp Leather jacket on.
l done a hand check to make sure she was behaving.
Danced away, had heaps of fun until a woman came out of no where and elbowed me in the back of the head .
Ouchhhhhhhhh, all because steve was coming onto the dance floor to dance with us, she wasn't going to allow this.
LF THIS WAS NEIL THE WOMAN WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD BY NOW.
Sat down to catch our breath ljk discovered there were some wonderful shadows on the roof caused by the lighting.
Aussie jibe was lying on the floor trying to make shapes come together,Aussie gem however by now had two men yeap in LEATHER jackets next to her.
LJK had stretched across behind Aussie Gem to run the jackets,,,, sorry Aussie that is why he was looking at you, he thought it was you but it was octopus arms ,she was having fun.
Heaps of Neil tunes all night , it was great. there were some great bun movements but NOTHING compared to Neils buns.
Once again we left the venue , had fun but now the Diamond Drought has really set in.
Oh god we need that man here................So Neil l hope your resting and gaining you strength as we girls are ready and really can't wait.
Thanks for the fun girls , l hope your voices aren't to strained..........mine is!!!!!!!!
We need, We ache , We want , He is , We say

ToniB(aka Hey Louise)
ToniB(aka Hey Louise)

August 17th, 2002, 1:52 am #2

you guys are gonna put Thelma, Hey Louise and Flame to shame(hey that rhymes - too much Neil music). Now if Flame had been there with all that L E A T H E R we could have scraped her OFF that ceiling!

Be sure to pass on any cheap tricks you thought of during your Hot Aussie August Night and send TT&F some pointers...and don't forget to send me that lasso...time it is running out before I "fly" to Neil!

aussie skybird
aussie skybird

August 17th, 2002, 1:57 am #3

Aussie Jibe and Aussie Gem , ljk and yours truly had our meal and made our way down to the dark depths of this entertainment venue and found some seats.....Low and behold our entertainer walks in and goes behind the curtain, we have 15 mins before show time.
When all of the sudden Aussie Gem was having an attack of turtle neck, never seen how far a neck can stretch it was quiet spooky. No wonder she she's a chiropractor.
Upon inspection l discovered she was watching Steve change. YES we could see it all and she wasn't going to share this moment with us. Leather was on the wardrobe list and we screamed "Get It Off".
As if this wasn't enough LJK and myself went upstairs to find the rest of the group and low and behold a bunch of bikies in LEATHER came throbbing up the driveway. To much leather in one night , we strolled on past as l ran the tips of my fingers over the leather seat,it was still hot mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Found the rest of the group and we had to walk past the bikies again.Just one more feel .........ohhhh yes.
Okay the sounds of Crunchy Granola came rippling through the place and we were off and dancing.
Aussie Gem was sitting there , didn't want to move. A guy came and sat next to her with yeappppppp Leather jacket on.
Danced away, had heaps of fun until a woman came out of no where and elbowed me in the back of the head .
Ouchhhhhhhhh, all because steve was coming onto the dance floor to dance with us, she wasn't going to allow this.
Sat down to catch our breath ljk discovered there were some wonderful shadows on the roof caused by the lighting.
Aussie jibe was lying on the floor trying to make shapes come together,Aussie gem however by now had two men yeap in LEATHER jackets next to her.
LJK had stretched across behind Aussie Gem to run the jackets,,,, sorry Aussie that is why he was looking at you, he thought it was you but it was octopus arms ,she was having fun.
Heaps of Neil tunes all night , it was great. there were some great bun movements but NOTHING compared to Neils buns.
Once again we left the venue , had fun but now the Diamond Drought has really set in.
Oh god we need that man here................So Neil l hope your resting and gaining you strength as we girls are ready and really can't wait.
Thanks for the fun girls , l hope your voices aren't to strained..........mine is!!!!!!!!
Hi Diamond Girl, glad to hear that you all had such a good night, it is our turn tonight, a group are going down the coast to see Peter Byrne, he is doing the Hot August Night 30th celebration show, and he has promised to sing one of Neil's songs from three cord opera as well, so we are expecting a great night, we'll let you know how it goes tomorrow

Aussie Gem & Aussie Jibe......
Aussie Gem & Aussie Jibe......

August 17th, 2002, 2:57 am #4

by DG's account of the night - I'm SURE it was her and LJK who were doing the turtle necking!!!!!! And I did wonder why leather guy sitting next to me gave me a dirty look and then moved as far away as he could!!!!
But we did have great fun - and now are in even more desperate need of the real Neil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They sure weren't prepared for us, were they??

AG & AJ
AG & AJ

August 17th, 2002, 3:00 am #5

Hi Diamond Girl, glad to hear that you all had such a good night, it is our turn tonight, a group are going down the coast to see Peter Byrne, he is doing the Hot August Night 30th celebration show, and he has promised to sing one of Neil's songs from three cord opera as well, so we are expecting a great night, we'll let you know how it goes tomorrow
have a real good night tonight. Say Hi to Peter from us - and let him know we'd love to see him in Melbourne soon, pretty please
Enjoy, enjoy...

DiamondGirl
DiamondGirl

August 17th, 2002, 4:57 am #6

and remember us Melb Girls to him (not that he needs that). Perhaps that is why he isn't coming back here L.O.L ,Oh my another to afraid to come back. We must be doing something wrong. lt's a bit reminiscent of what Neil done after 76 here :O
Well have a great night and remember to yell out Last Picasso for me please.

SusanH
SusanH

August 17th, 2002, 6:22 am #7

Glad you had such a fun night though. I have you and LJK especially in my prayers that Neil will come to Australia. Can't imagine a better welcoming comittee for Neil and his band to Australia than you two. Hope so much that you get your night with Neil. You deserve it and Neil deserves you. Neilhugs a lot, SusanH.

captain ray of sunshine
captain ray of sunshine

August 17th, 2002, 6:33 am #8

and remember us Melb Girls to him (not that he needs that). Perhaps that is why he isn't coming back here L.O.L ,Oh my another to afraid to come back. We must be doing something wrong. lt's a bit reminiscent of what Neil done after 76 here :O
Well have a great night and remember to yell out Last Picasso for me please.
All of Peter's concerts in Sydney are sold out(I bought 2 of the last tickets earlier this week) and the heat is starting to build up already
I weonder if thered will be tree people hanging around and what new songs will be includedd in Peter's set
Mission of Love perhaps?

LJK
LJK

August 17th, 2002, 8:48 am #9

Glad you had such a fun night though. I have you and LJK especially in my prayers that Neil will come to Australia. Can't imagine a better welcoming comittee for Neil and his band to Australia than you two. Hope so much that you get your night with Neil. You deserve it and Neil deserves you. Neilhugs a lot, SusanH.
crack in his curtain that is...I think he had boxers on under those leathers...!!!
Thanks Susan....DG and I WOULD welcome Neil with open arms..and yes he does deserve us...lol!!!
And to DG..so sorry you got head butted...Why do we have women trying to hurt us all the time??
To AJ and AG..thanks for putting up with me (and DG)..at least we didn't make rude food!!!!

Aussie Gem
Aussie Gem

August 17th, 2002, 12:04 pm #10

we love 'putting up with you'!! It's such great fun when we all go out together - even the 'rude food' when it happens!!!!!! Hope we all get to go see Neil together real soon