For those of you who went to Worcester Friday

For those of you who went to Worcester Friday

Bella
Bella

September 14th, 2002, 4:48 am #1

I'm totally jazzed for tomorrow's show! But having never been to the Centrum before, I'm hoping you guys can answer some logistical questions for me. . .

Is there anything special I should know about parking? Is it right there, close, expensive? Any place better than any other to park?

Was the venue air conditioned or warm--or hot?! And what about merchandise--available before and after the show? One or the other? And how early were you allowed inside and to your seats? I'm probably going to end up leaving too much time because I'm making the drive without having done it before--and better early than late--so I'm just wondering if I'll be able to get in or will have to sit in my car. . . What time did the show start, and for how long did our man play?

Any advice/info anyone can offer will be tremendously appreciated, so thanks in advance!

Best to all,

Bella

diane
diane

September 14th, 2002, 6:07 am #2

I just got home from the concert. It was a great concert! I'm playing Serenade right now to continue my concert high. Parking was 15.00 - 20.00. You have to drive about 2 blocks past the Centrum to get the 15.00 parking. It looked like programs were for sale before the show, they were 15.00. There is no intermission, Neil said in an interview I heard he won't ever have an intermission because thinks people might go home! Yeah like that would ever happen! Have a great time!

ELLIE
ELLIE

September 14th, 2002, 12:33 pm #3

I'm totally jazzed for tomorrow's show! But having never been to the Centrum before, I'm hoping you guys can answer some logistical questions for me. . .

Is there anything special I should know about parking? Is it right there, close, expensive? Any place better than any other to park?

Was the venue air conditioned or warm--or hot?! And what about merchandise--available before and after the show? One or the other? And how early were you allowed inside and to your seats? I'm probably going to end up leaving too much time because I'm making the drive without having done it before--and better early than late--so I'm just wondering if I'll be able to get in or will have to sit in my car. . . What time did the show start, and for how long did our man play?

Any advice/info anyone can offer will be tremendously appreciated, so thanks in advance!

Best to all,

Bella
BELLA..WHAT A SHOW-HE STILL HAS ALL THE MOVES AND HE CERTAINLY USED THEM..THE AIR WAS ON AND IT WAS COOL ALL NIGHT-PARK IN THE LOTS-NOT THE GARAGE-YOU CAN NEVER GET OUT OF THE GARAGES..THE DOORS OPEN 1 HOUR BEFORE THE PROFORMANCE..STILL AM HEARING HIM SING-AND THAT WAS LAST NIGHT..WOW..HE WAS JUST SUPER...HAVE A GREAT TIME-(HOPE YOU CAN STAND AND DANCE ALL NIGHT)

SB
SB

September 14th, 2002, 1:25 pm #4

Best to all,

Bella
Neil's show is HOT!! If you dance at all during a Diamond show, go for short sleeves. If it is cold outside, wear a jacket you can take off. You should not be cold at a performance of the NDRRT. (sweaty is the more typical experience--or is that my age again???)

Patty
Patty

September 14th, 2002, 1:49 pm #5

BELLA..WHAT A SHOW-HE STILL HAS ALL THE MOVES AND HE CERTAINLY USED THEM..THE AIR WAS ON AND IT WAS COOL ALL NIGHT-PARK IN THE LOTS-NOT THE GARAGE-YOU CAN NEVER GET OUT OF THE GARAGES..THE DOORS OPEN 1 HOUR BEFORE THE PROFORMANCE..STILL AM HEARING HIM SING-AND THAT WAS LAST NIGHT..WOW..HE WAS JUST SUPER...HAVE A GREAT TIME-(HOPE YOU CAN STAND AND DANCE ALL NIGHT)
Wow Ellie you gave a great description of the night. Neil really does still have those moves. He was sexy, older looking, and exuded tons of warmth and affection toward the crowd. To the delight of a beautiful girl and her female friend sitting in the front row, Neil directed several of his romantic tune towrds them. They were overwhelmed by his sweet advances, were rewarded with kisses, sweet talk, and and a photo op with Neil onstage. Security several minutes later handed each of the girls a small brown Teddy Bear as a rememberance. Just a note: If you plan on purchasing bottled water at the Centrum take along a screw cap from home. The caps are removed from the bottles, apparently to prevent cap tossing, thus creating an annoyance dealing with an open bottle. The cup holders on the side of the seats are not very deep.If you sit like a dud all night you'll have no problem. Like Ellie says, get up and dance the night away......Neil was terrifc..as always, and the Centrum will welcome him for the next 25 years. Neil promised us he'd be here.
Enjoy the magic!

Sheryl
Sheryl

September 14th, 2002, 3:16 pm #6

Best to all,

Bella
You responded to me yesterday - my turn. Had a ball, it was HOT in the Centrum; I'm dressing REALLY LIGHT tonight - AC wasn't pumping enough but Neil and the crowd were!!!! Have a blast tonight, I know I will.

Sheryl