another magical moment from 2001-2002 tour relived.............

another magical moment from 2001-2002 tour relived.............

blake New Zealand
blake New Zealand

September 14th, 2002, 8:13 am #1

Further to an earlier post(I will post the link when I find it) Imagine this:Captain Sunshine is winding down and Neil says to the Audience Yeah.. we’re all gonna miss you Vincent
Then.. there in the middle and front of the stage is a grand piano. Neil then continues speaking to the audience in his deep, enchanting voice.. This is a helluva Job I have here…….you know some people see this (the piano) as ah………an inanimate object…ah….some people see it as a piece of furniture. Me…... I see it as as….. As…something that’s ALL potential…… There is so much music… and so many BEAUTIFUL melodies yet to be written on this instrument…its just….just waiting for someone…..to make it happen……..
You know I remember so clearly I was….. when I was a kid… I used to be a delivery boy in Brooklyn…on Church Avenue………… and I’d.. I’d go to the other side of the tracks..this was the trolley tracks at that time and ah…and I’d deliver pescriptions to peoples homes and ah…... every once in a while they’d open the door and I’d be able to peek inside and see this BIG..BEAUTIFUL…SHINY….PIANO…OOH..OOOHH….OOOOHHHH!!……
I knew they were rich… and I thought maybe some day….somehow…..I’ll have my own piano….. something to put down all the dreams….. of this youngster…maybe into one piece of music…

By now Neil is seated at the piano and very delicately begins playing Yes I will/Lady Magdelene.
The rest as they say is history, you have it on “Essential Neil Diamond” less the personal interaction with the Audience. The sharing of the above mentioned thoughts to an enchanted audience is just another piece of magic for a man at the VERY top of his craft. The ultimate live performer..YOU BET. 30 plus years at the top… no wonder he is as popular as ever. We are lucky he still has the drive and passion to continue his live performing and I for that are eternally GRATEFUL Blake

tomz
tomz

September 14th, 2002, 12:47 pm #2

That is a magic moment.Brought back my memeories of seeing Neil last year

blake
blake

September 14th, 2002, 1:28 pm #3

Further to an earlier post(I will post the link when I find it) Imagine this:Captain Sunshine is winding down and Neil says to the Audience Yeah.. we’re all gonna miss you Vincent
Then.. there in the middle and front of the stage is a grand piano. Neil then continues speaking to the audience in his deep, enchanting voice.. This is a helluva Job I have here…….you know some people see this (the piano) as ah………an inanimate object…ah….some people see it as a piece of furniture. Me…... I see it as as….. As…something that’s ALL potential…… There is so much music… and so many BEAUTIFUL melodies yet to be written on this instrument…its just….just waiting for someone…..to make it happen……..
You know I remember so clearly I was….. when I was a kid… I used to be a delivery boy in Brooklyn…on Church Avenue………… and I’d.. I’d go to the other side of the tracks..this was the trolley tracks at that time and ah…and I’d deliver pescriptions to peoples homes and ah…... every once in a while they’d open the door and I’d be able to peek inside and see this BIG..BEAUTIFUL…SHINY….PIANO…OOH..OOOHH….OOOOHHHH!!……
I knew they were rich… and I thought maybe some day….somehow…..I’ll have my own piano….. something to put down all the dreams….. of this youngster…maybe into one piece of music…

By now Neil is seated at the piano and very delicately begins playing Yes I will/Lady Magdelene.
The rest as they say is history, you have it on “Essential Neil Diamond” less the personal interaction with the Audience. The sharing of the above mentioned thoughts to an enchanted audience is just another piece of magic for a man at the VERY top of his craft. The ultimate live performer..YOU BET. 30 plus years at the top… no wonder he is as popular as ever. We are lucky he still has the drive and passion to continue his live performing and I for that are eternally GRATEFUL Blake
Capt sunshine link http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/mes ... 1026999753