You're Really Getting Old If You Remember ~~~

June 30th, 2018, 6:25 pm #11

All the realistic looking toy gun I had as a kid. People would loose their crap now if you gave that fake arsenal to a small child.

Chris
I'm not a kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.

June 30th, 2018, 6:28 pm #12

Oops! Double posting. Sorry!

Chris
Last edited by chris7421 on July 7th, 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a kit builder. I'm a styrene butcher.

June 30th, 2018, 9:04 pm #13

Setting fire to abandoned buildings...... 12 o'clock high on Sunday mornings......garbage picking- I actually found a large scale (1/12th?) Porsche.....clogging up sewers with newspapers to see the street flood...... bumper hitching in the winter......stealing my dad's good scotch and fillin the bottle up with tea.....bottle rocket wars with kids who didn't have bottle rockets......  setting off a brick of firecrackers at 5 in the morning (classic).....Ms Mahoney's cat and a bottle of Nair  (I got really scratched up, but, three days later..hilarious!!) discovering "beaver hunt" had nothing to do with semi aquatic rodents......drilling a 16th of an inch hole in my neighbor's canoe... took months for that to come to fruition, but...lol) banana Seats and sissy bars were cool...... wet cell batteries......Boy's life and Popular Mechanics magazines could keep me enthralled for HOURS.....My city had two newspapers, and, if you delivered for one paper, it was your responsibility to beat the crap out of any kid who delivered for the other paper....... Aurora made great monster models, but, really?  Their slot cars  were awesome.....The milkman came to your home..... the diaper service came to your home (that must have been the worst job ever to have, driving a truck full of soiled diapers).....Ice cream! You scream! We ALL scream for a hoodlum driving an ice cream truck..."Bombing" cars and trucks and buses(no, not really in the true sense, but, there were a lot of true "bombings" in Cleveland in the 70 thanks to various mobs.. we would just throw snowballs at cars and trucks and buses(the buses and trucks would almost never stop, the cars were "hit and miss"......the "incident" with Mr Healie's dog......(who would have thought that a dog could be deaf???)

June 30th, 2018, 10:44 pm #14

"George!  I can name that tune in FOUR notes"... if only Kathie Lee Gifford could sing....

July 1st, 2018, 12:14 am #15

The Cisco Kid 'and' his chubby side kick Pancho.
Sheriff John, Engineer Bill 'and' Skipper Frank.
Ding Dong School.
I think Dick Lane also hosted a circus show every Saturday
night when we would have hot dogs and milk with flavor straws.
My all time favorite cereal 'Jets'.
The first time I saw an inter racial couple on TV.
A Black man and his wife who claimed to have
been abducted by aliens (what was their name ?)
famous because their story was somewhat believeable.
Single serving ice cream with a little wooden spoon on top.
Piggly Wiggly grocery stores.
Gunsmoke and Have Gun Will Travel back to back a half
hour each.
This could go on all day 🤔🙂
My feelings can only be hurt by
people who's opinion I care about.

July 1st, 2018, 2:52 am #16

You're really getting old when you can remember all that but can't remember what you did yesterday.

July 1st, 2018, 4:13 am #17

Mike Maben wrote: The Cisco Kid 'and' his chubby side kick Pancho.
Sheriff John, Engineer Bill 'and' Skipper Frank.
Ding Dong School.
I think Dick Lane also hosted a circus show every Saturday
night when we would have hot dogs and milk with flavor straws.
My all time favorite cereal 'Jets'.
The first time I saw an inter racial couple on TV.
A Black man and his wife who claimed to have
been abducted by aliens (what was their name ?)
famous because their story was somewhat believeable.
Single serving ice cream with a little wooden spoon on top.
Piggly Wiggly grocery stores.
Gunsmoke and Have Gun Will Travel back to back a half
hour each.
This could go on all day 🤔🙂
Barney and Betty Hill.

Ironically, Duncan Renaldo (The Cisco Kid) is all but forgotten, while Leo Carrillo (Pancho) has a state park in California named after him.

July 1st, 2018, 8:23 pm #18

Getting a cold Coke in a glass bottle out of the Coca Cola cooler and using the built in opener to pop the cap off.
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

July 2nd, 2018, 9:44 am #19

Your getting old if you can  remember YOU and /or your siblings being your parents t.v.  remote control unit as they'd ask you to go up and turn clunk, clunk, clunk the t.v. channel rotary dial. P.S. for Canucks having only TWO channels CBC and CTV, before cable t.v. grabbed hold of most of Canada's t.v. viewing  mid/late 1970s and as such getting  the  then BIG three US networks too ABC, NBC. and CBS.

Your getting old if you can remember you, your siblings and/or best friends dressing us as cowboys and indians  and using cap  guns being outside playing as such and NOBODY IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD GAVE A S**T about  political correctness.

Your getting old if you can  recall HAVING  to walk either by yourself or with  siblings  or friends  TO  and FROM school each day. Rain or shine and again nobody  in your  neighborhood or your mom/dad   being worried.

Your getting old if you as a military aviation fan can  recall watching the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds   flying F-4  Phantoms and YOU LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT! P.S. also if you are a Canuck you remember seeing at airshows   Canadian CF-101B Voodoos  and CF-104 Starfighters. LOVING THEM TOO!  

Your getting old if you all can  remember the great TEEN  series of combat jets BEING BRAND FRIGGIN NEW IN THE VARIOUS SERVICES including when Canada   received  our CF-18's between 1983-87.

Your getting old  when you can recall toy Matchbox cars coming in matchboxes.

July 2nd, 2018, 9:55 am #20

Oh yeah, you are getting old if you can remember  you and you buddies each bringing  your air rifles (pellet guns) walking down the neighborhood streets to a  quiet back area etc with them in  hand and  a few pop cans, beer bottles, plastic models  or other junk  to shoot up and again NOBODY IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD GAVE A RATS A$$ NOR FEARED YOU ALL!