You guys can thank me later...1/48 Kingfisher

You guys can thank me later...1/48 Kingfisher

March 14th, 2012, 7:29 pm #1

After struggling with having to use two kits, resin floats, cockpit inserts and hand making cowl flaps and cutting decal strips to paint the framing on the vacu-form canopy, it's official...Tamiya, Trump or someone can now come out with a modern Kingfisher...

Thanks, Kyle

March 14th, 2012, 7:38 pm #2

they'd be hard pressed to have theirs made any nicer than the one you've completed. Congrats on a beautifully done rendition of that old venerable kit. It's a pleasure to look at and enjoy.
McLents

March 14th, 2012, 7:44 pm #3

After struggling with having to use two kits, resin floats, cockpit inserts and hand making cowl flaps and cutting decal strips to paint the framing on the vacu-form canopy, it's official...Tamiya, Trump or someone can now come out with a modern Kingfisher...

Thanks, Kyle

of one of my fabvoritist seabirds. Always a soft spot for "Old Slow and Ugly". Hal Sr

March 14th, 2012, 7:50 pm #4

Thanks, Kyle

Why two kits?

March 14th, 2012, 7:57 pm #5

Thanks, Kyle

Love the rendition of the three tone paint scheme. The Kingfisher's resemblance to the Vindicator is unmistakeable.

Thanks for posting!

david

March 14th, 2012, 8:05 pm #6

Thanks, Kyle

Mike H
"If a tree fell in the forest, would it sue?"

March 14th, 2012, 8:38 pm #7

Why two kits?
Hey thanks for the kind words. As for why I used 2 kits, the flaps and ailerons are hinged in such a way that there is a gap on the underside between the wing and control surface. I'm not precise enough to cut them away and re- attach them without butchering atleast one of the wings...

Thanks for asking,
Kyle

March 14th, 2012, 8:40 pm #8

Thanks, Kyle

So beautifuly done, superb paint and weathering, you really did a great job on this venerable Monogram model. I love it.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 14th, 2012, 8:42 pm #9

Thanks, Kyle

simply beautiful

March 14th, 2012, 10:30 pm #10

Thanks, Kyle

Standing ovation!

That is the absolute best looking Kingfisher I have ever seen!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36