You don't see one of these often...

You don't see one of these often...

June 8th, 2012, 5:26 pm #1

Here are some pics of my 1/48 scale Blohm & Voss Bv 55, the Bv 55 was a light plane used by the Luftwaffe for military liaison duties.
After the war ended it is said the Bv 55 was put back in production in the U.S.A. and was marketed as a civil aircraft.

[IMG]

This what-if model was built from the Minicraft 1/48 scale Bononza kit and it was NOT a very good kit to work with, most of the larger parts did not fit together well and some of the small parts had flash on them and that had to be carefully carved away.

Les

June 8th, 2012, 5:58 pm #2

nt.

June 8th, 2012, 6:05 pm #3

Here are some pics of my 1/48 scale Blohm & Voss Bv 55, the Bv 55 was a light plane used by the Luftwaffe for military liaison duties.
After the war ended it is said the Bv 55 was put back in production in the U.S.A. and was marketed as a civil aircraft.

[IMG]

This what-if model was built from the Minicraft 1/48 scale Bononza kit and it was NOT a very good kit to work with, most of the larger parts did not fit together well and some of the small parts had flash on them and that had to be carefully carved away.

Les
All you need now is to do a Do-335 themed version, or a top mounted jet ala the He-162.

June 8th, 2012, 9:20 pm #4

Very nicely done there. Interesting "what if". Love the Tankwagen as well. I have 2 of those Tankwagens and a lot of ground equipment to do. Again very nicely done Bononza. So is it Beech & Voss, or is it Blohm & Veech? lol

I hope I can get my Tamiya D-9 finished tonight. I think you'll find it very cool. Its a very speculative paint scheme for that one. Then the D-14 is in decal stage (waiting for Red Pegasus to finish a few decals for me). Also a speculative scheme but found documentation for 2 Fw190D-14s that flew trails for a month and a half in Decemember 44' before being sent back to the factory for either being retooled to be later D-13, or D-15 test beds.

"Get to the chopper!!! No! Get to the choppers!"

June 8th, 2012, 9:51 pm #5

Nice idea to convert a Bonanza in to an hypothetic german plane, nicely done indeed.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

June 9th, 2012, 1:13 am #6

[IMG]

Les
nt

June 9th, 2012, 1:20 am #7

Very nicely done there. Interesting "what if". Love the Tankwagen as well. I have 2 of those Tankwagens and a lot of ground equipment to do. Again very nicely done Bononza. So is it Beech & Voss, or is it Blohm & Veech? lol

I hope I can get my Tamiya D-9 finished tonight. I think you'll find it very cool. Its a very speculative paint scheme for that one. Then the D-14 is in decal stage (waiting for Red Pegasus to finish a few decals for me). Also a speculative scheme but found documentation for 2 Fw190D-14s that flew trails for a month and a half in Decemember 44' before being sent back to the factory for either being retooled to be later D-13, or D-15 test beds.

"Get to the chopper!!! No! Get to the choppers!"
I have always liked what-if Fw 190D-9s and am eager to see what you come up with.
I have not built any 1/32 scale models for a while and have been thinking about using one of my Hasegawa Fw 190D-9s with some 'special' markings.

Les

June 9th, 2012, 1:24 am #8

Nice idea to convert a Bonanza in to an hypothetic german plane, nicely done indeed.

Serge Dompierre
The Bononza always reminded me of something Blohm & Voss would make!

Les

June 9th, 2012, 3:06 pm #9

[IMG]

Les
Or however you would say it in German. Nice work.

June 11th, 2012, 2:25 pm #10

[IMG]

Les
Did you feel the earthquake in Wichita? I know 2 who are spinning in their graves NT