yoikes, Jet Blue flight

yoikes, Jet Blue flight

March 28th, 2012, 11:25 am #1

Could have been nasty.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... lane-door/

Passenger David Gonzalez recalls, "I said, 'I can't let this guy open the door up here,' so that's when I said, 'What's your problem?' He goes, 'You gotta pray to God, you gotta pray to God, Iran and Iraq,' and I said, 'Look man, I don't have time for that,' so I just choked him."

That last part made me lol.

GD

March 28th, 2012, 3:00 pm #2

No matter the reason, can't believe anyone would EVER again allow him at the controls of a wide-butt-many motor aerochine.

Bondo
USAF (Ret.)

March 28th, 2012, 6:01 pm #3

End of any future career too once they find out he is a fruit basket n/t

March 28th, 2012, 7:25 pm #4

He can always run for public office! n/t

March 28th, 2012, 7:47 pm #5

Well, how about the mayor of Detroit??? There no one would care!!! n/t

March 28th, 2012, 11:52 pm #6

Could have been nasty.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... lane-door/

Passenger David Gonzalez recalls, "I said, 'I can't let this guy open the door up here,' so that's when I said, 'What's your problem?' He goes, 'You gotta pray to God, you gotta pray to God, Iran and Iraq,' and I said, 'Look man, I don't have time for that,' so I just choked him."

That last part made me lol.

GD
or a real spike? Rude passengers, the economy, work load, meds .... ????

They need to put double/triple latches on the main doors, to buy some time and be able to stop, should another stew, pilot or passenger go nuts, in flight, and decide to go for a walk.

March 29th, 2012, 1:21 am #7

go to the restroom. Man, if he was thinking of ending it all by pushing smartly forward on the yoke (as did an Egyptian A/C a few years ago; he was prevented in his death wish by the co-pilot), a lotta pax and crew woulda bought the farm with him. That's what I miss most during the VERY few times I ever fly commercial.....those comforting black-and-yellow striped handles between my thighs and another over mah head; I wanna be the one to make the last decision on my life!

Bondo Phil
TAC fastmover puke (Ret.)

March 29th, 2012, 2:34 am #8

No matter the reason, can't believe anyone would EVER again allow him at the controls of a wide-butt-many motor aerochine.

Bondo
USAF (Ret.)
nt

March 29th, 2012, 3:07 am #9

go to the restroom. Man, if he was thinking of ending it all by pushing smartly forward on the yoke (as did an Egyptian A/C a few years ago; he was prevented in his death wish by the co-pilot), a lotta pax and crew woulda bought the farm with him. That's what I miss most during the VERY few times I ever fly commercial.....those comforting black-and-yellow striped handles between my thighs and another over mah head; I wanna be the one to make the last decision on my life!

Bondo Phil
TAC fastmover puke (Ret.)
saved a lot of lives. AND the 3-4 big guys that grabbed and sat on him. SCARY!

Caught a few words in passing in the ABC piece about fuselage cabin doors not being able to be opened in flight. 200' and 20,000'? Are there 'locks' controlled by the cockpit, a key, spl stowed oper lever only known to the cabin crew, etc?

March 29th, 2012, 10:27 am #10

as long as the airplane is pressurized, it's impossible.
The cockpit door can only be opened from inside the cockpit.
The copilot was on the ball and once the pilot was out he locked the door keeping the captain from getting back in.
He was fully capable of landing the airplane by himself, but there was an off duty captain riding as a passenger that was allowed into the cockpit to land the airplane.

As far as the pilot that went round the bend, I wouldn't be at all surprised that stress & OTC medications were involved, time will tell, but unless they can find and pinpoint a preventable cause his flying days are over.

Wheels UP-Water
Wheels DOWN-Land
DO NOT confuse the two !