Yak 3 "JANUS" - Zvezda 1/48th

Yak 3 "JANUS" - Zvezda 1/48th

March 31st, 2014, 4:32 pm #1

Hi Guys,
This is my last built, a Zvezda, 1/48, Yak 3. I'wanted to try the "wood effect" that some of the top modelers on this site, have presented, but i'also wanted to have the classic russian paint scheme...and since i'm quiet lazy, i'decided to make 2 decorations on one plane.
The Zvezda kit is really good. The engine is just a "kit in the kit" in itself. Fitting are really good and the overall engineering is top.
The only concern is about the decals, which are much too thick.
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

Last edited by Aerodid on July 4th, 2017, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2014, 4:47 pm #2

That is a very nice rendition, I really like the "two-faced" presentation n/t

March 31st, 2014, 5:11 pm #3

Hi Guys,
This is my last built, a Zvezda, 1/48, Yak 3. I'wanted to try the "wood effect" that some of the top modelers on this site, have presented, but i'also wanted to have the classic russian paint scheme...and since i'm quiet lazy, i'decided to make 2 decorations on one plane.
The Zvezda kit is really good. The engine is just a "kit in the kit" in itself. Fitting are really good and the overall engineering is top.
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

Great concept & subsequent execution done there Didier! n/t

March 31st, 2014, 5:21 pm #4

Hi Guys,
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

excellent work, very imaginative. Please tell us what you used for the metal and especially how did you do the wood surfaces.

March 31st, 2014, 6:05 pm #5

Hi Guys,
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

it. Very well done, indeed.

March 31st, 2014, 7:04 pm #6

Hi Guys,
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

Spectacular finish. I can see the carpenter ants now...

Well done and thanks for sharing.

March 31st, 2014, 7:38 pm #7

excellent work, very imaginative. Please tell us what you used for the metal and especially how did you do the wood surfaces.
- The metalic paint was done using the "SUperMetallic" from Mr Color, and precisely the "Ultra fine silver" especially. While giving a pretty nice metalic rendering, this paint is very resistant, making all the masking operations riskless.
- The wood surfaces were done using the RB production (Radu Brinzan) photoetched mask.
Not sure, but try this link :http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=410
You need to practice before moving on a real kit... but it works (well...i'think ;<) )
hope this helps.
Bye
didier

March 31st, 2014, 8:51 pm #8

Hi Guys,
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

...I like it.

March 31st, 2014, 9:54 pm #9

Hi Guys,
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

Magnificent wood grain finish. n/t

March 31st, 2014, 11:48 pm #10

Hi Guys,
Hope you like it.
Bye
Didier

Stuart