WW2 German militaria

WW2 German militaria

April 25th, 2012, 7:16 pm #1

I have a WW2 Luftwaffe belt buckle and a German military Wound Badge First Class that I am interested in selling. I just read the rules form e-Bay and found that any item bearing a swastika or hackenkruz is forbidden for sale
there because it is deemed offensive. The local pawn shops and the military surplus store here have offered me peanuts for them. They are the Real Deal. I had several great-uncles who were in the Danish underground during the Nazi occupation of Denmark. That is how I am now in posession of them. I also have a WW1 veteran's Hindenberg Cross and an Imperial Iron Cross Second Class. Any ideas about any online or auction sites who will handle these and who will get me a reasonable price for them. Thanks for looking. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

April 25th, 2012, 10:25 pm #2

Working here at Audi, we have a lot of guys from Germany who come over here and work for a 5 year cycle and one of our guys goes over there to take his place. I have befriended many of these guys, showed them some sites and things. They know that I get into militaria and very soon they start telling me that they all have long lost Uncles , Aunts, Cousins and other relatives holding on to WWII relics in hopes of selling them in the US for big bucks since they are practically worthless and abolished in Germany.
Over the years, I have accumulated boxes of this stuff from these guys on consignment ranging from knives, weekend passes, Military orders, field medical boxes, rings, medals, holster's, 88mm shell casings,clothing, watches, a STuG center lug from a bogy/wheel, lenses from German artillery rangefinders,Afrika Corps cap 43's, camera's, and much, much more original items. I have so many aircraft pictures I could make my own photo album on "never before seen" pictures. Worth?? actual worth or what the market bears? The latter does not pay well. I sought out reliable buyers and other avenues and almost always come up being offered less. Iron crosses/medals are a dime a dozen, real or not.
You will need to find buyers and compare them. You must remember that the war was aprox 70 years ago and is fading from memory, and the under 40 crowd are not in most part heavy into war relics. So it is getting harder to find guys who know what you have, know what it is worth, know if it real or a knock-off, etc.
Take your time as there is no hurry. Be patient as this can be very aggravating.
Good luck and wishing you the best,
Larry @ AUDI

April 28th, 2012, 3:09 am #3

I have a WW2 Luftwaffe belt buckle and a German military Wound Badge First Class that I am interested in selling. I just read the rules form e-Bay and found that any item bearing a swastika or hackenkruz is forbidden for sale
there because it is deemed offensive. The local pawn shops and the military surplus store here have offered me peanuts for them. They are the Real Deal. I had several great-uncles who were in the Danish underground during the Nazi occupation of Denmark. That is how I am now in posession of them. I also have a WW1 veteran's Hindenberg Cross and an Imperial Iron Cross Second Class. Any ideas about any online or auction sites who will handle these and who will get me a reasonable price for them. Thanks for looking. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
nt

____________________________________________________________________________________

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
<font>

<font size="2" color="#808080">Mark Twain<font>

<font size="2" color="#808080">____________________________________________________________________________________

http://hyperscale.com/approachtonoderatingbg_1.htm
</font></font></font></font>