WW II USN paint equivalents

WW II USN paint equivalents

June 13th, 2018, 6:26 am #1

I realize there were no Fed Spec numbers for WWII paints. However, I am trying to mix Mission Models Paints to come close to 1941, 1942 US Navy ship colors. Specifically 5D Dark Gray, 5S Sea Blue, 5L Light Gray and early 20-B Deck Blue. I have all Fed Spec color chips and will mix my own using a color spectrometer and gloss meter. What I need is the closest Fed Spec number associated to the WW II colors. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

July 4th, 2018, 3:24 pm #2

MikeWitous wrote:There really aren't any good FS equivalents. Why not get the Snyder & Short USN Paint Chip Set 1, accurately-matched to the originals? http://www.shipcamouflage.com

I realize there were no Fed Spec numbers for WWII paints. However, I am trying to mix Mission Models Paints to come close to 1941, 1942 US Navy ship colors. Specifically 5D Dark Gray, 5S Sea Blue, 5L Light Gray and early 20-B Deck Blue. I have all Fed Spec color chips and will mix my own using a color spectrometer and gloss meter. What I need is the closest Fed Spec number associated to the WW II colors. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks