December 12th, 2011, 8:49 pm #1

Hi gents,

I need 2kits of Eastern Express 1/35 T-20 Komsomolets Armoured Tractor # 35004
let me now if anyone would like to sell it, from Europe preferably

regards
Aleksandar-medico

www.maketarskikutak.com

December 12th, 2011, 9:05 pm #2

The Eastern Express kit is the same as the Maquette, Tom Modellbau, AER and I think Mirage kit. It's one of the worst model kits ever and borders on being unbuildable. But at least you have some options if you can't find the EE boxing.

December 12th, 2011, 9:58 pm #3

"It's one of the worst model kits ever and borders on being unbuildable. "

What a line! I LOL'd
Roy Chow
AMPS President
<a href="http://www.amps-armor.org" rel="nofollow">http://www.amps-armor.org</a>

December 12th, 2011, 10:54 pm #4

I have only seen one example of the AER kit built and that was 15 or so years ago in Military Modeling. The pretty extensive review pointed out how the kit was inaccurate in almost every regard, and suffered from poor fit and molding.

I tried to build the kit a couple of times.... the plastic is poor and much of the overly complicated suspension pieces come pre broken (with the broken off bits missing). Getting the hull together is a chore as it is one of those multi piece affairs that just does not fit. The superstructure has 1/16" gaps all around. Of course to fill and sand it all smooth you lose all of the rivet detail, so all of that needs to be replaced. The whole kit is just junk. The tracks have a funny pebbly finish to them and each link and section is rough and irregular. I gave up on those and used some Bandai Panzer II tracks just to try to finish the thing. I still gave up.

December 13th, 2011, 10:08 am #5

good job fellas , now I can expect it as a gift ) and relive someone from misery

regards
Aleksandar-medico

www.maketarskikutak.com

www.maketarskikutak.com

Keefe, Kevin R
Keefe, Kevin R

December 14th, 2011, 1:27 pm #6

Hi gents,

I need 2kits of Eastern Express 1/35 T-20 Komsomolets Armoured Tractor # 35004
let me now if anyone would like to sell it, from Europe preferably

regards
Aleksandar-medico

www.maketarskikutak.com
Wasn't all that bad. If ya want to build it, get it and have fun with it. I got thru one years ago...

Guy Fuson
Guy Fuson

December 16th, 2011, 1:08 am #7

I have only seen one example of the AER kit built and that was 15 or so years ago in Military Modeling. The pretty extensive review pointed out how the kit was inaccurate in almost every regard, and suffered from poor fit and molding.

I tried to build the kit a couple of times.... the plastic is poor and much of the overly complicated suspension pieces come pre broken (with the broken off bits missing). Getting the hull together is a chore as it is one of those multi piece affairs that just does not fit. The superstructure has 1/16" gaps all around. Of course to fill and sand it all smooth you lose all of the rivet detail, so all of that needs to be replaced. The whole kit is just junk. The tracks have a funny pebbly finish to them and each link and section is rough and irregular. I gave up on those and used some Bandai Panzer II tracks just to try to finish the thing. I still gave up.

Yes, the kit is awful. Even with a bit of mud and some battle damage it is hard to get this one to come out at all. Abysmal.