WOW!-Super Clean for Strippin' Chrome Parts!

WOW!-Super Clean for Strippin' Chrome Parts!

April 21st, 2012, 5:05 pm #1

Hello All!

I did some stripping this week (NO! - not that kind!) of some plated pieces for my Rommel's Rod kit using a product called Super Clean.

WOW! the parts came out like they had never been plated. I poured a bit of Super Clean in a plastic container, put in the pieces, put the lid on, gave it a gentle stir and let it sit over night. In the morning the parts were COMPLETELY stripped with no plating on them at all.

I will wash them with some hot soapy water prior to assembly just to be sure they are clean. Super Clean is a de-greaser sold at automotive supply stores if you would like to try it. I bought mine at Canadian Tire!

Cheers!
Terry Jones
Ottawa, Canada

April 27th, 2012, 11:49 pm #2

I use that all the time. Its great stuff. (n/t)

April 28th, 2012, 1:31 pm #3

Hello All!

I did some stripping this week (NO! - not that kind!) of some plated pieces for my Rommel's Rod kit using a product called Super Clean.

WOW! the parts came out like they had never been plated. I poured a bit of Super Clean in a plastic container, put in the pieces, put the lid on, gave it a gentle stir and let it sit over night. In the morning the parts were COMPLETELY stripped with no plating on them at all.

I will wash them with some hot soapy water prior to assembly just to be sure they are clean. Super Clean is a de-greaser sold at automotive supply stores if you would like to try it. I bought mine at Canadian Tire!

Cheers!
Terry Jones
Ottawa, Canada
paint also...will not harm clear parts
suggest you wear gloves when using tho...Tom