WooHoo! Hobby Lobby Is Coming to Town!

WooHoo! Hobby Lobby Is Coming to Town!

June 14th, 2012, 4:38 pm #1

While looking online for jobs this morning, I discovered that Hobby Lobby in my town is hiring. But there IS no Hobby Lobby in my town at the moment! Research shows that one seems to be coming sometime soon.

This is great news because the next closest one to me is about an hour away, and that's the closest I can buy Testor and Model Master paints (aside from the basic square bottle rack). It'll be good to have a source of paint close by again.

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

June 14th, 2012, 5:22 pm #2

Most HL's have been scaling back model related stuff the past few years....I used to make a point of checking mine every couple weeks...now, ain't been in it in a couple months.

Hopefully your new one will be better....

June 14th, 2012, 5:27 pm #3

While looking online for jobs this morning, I discovered that Hobby Lobby in my town is hiring. But there IS no Hobby Lobby in my town at the moment! Research shows that one seems to be coming sometime soon.

This is great news because the next closest one to me is about an hour away, and that's the closest I can buy Testor and Model Master paints (aside from the basic square bottle rack). It'll be good to have a source of paint close by again.

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

Sat Cong!
You may be happy now but I feel your joy may be short lived. I think all of us felt at one time how great it would be to have a Hobby Lobby in town. Then we would get one and it would be exciting for a while but once you realize they have a very limited selection of models, your store isn't the same with regards to stock as other HyperScaler's stores and the coupons and discounts get leaner and leaner over time then the luster wears off real fast.

I'm happy for you Snake but unfortunately I have a jaded view and my enthusiasm for HL has waned considerably over the years.

I find better deals and greater purchase options on line.

best of luck though.

June 14th, 2012, 5:47 pm #4

Sat Cong!
Now a 45 mile round trip for paint.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

June 14th, 2012, 5:54 pm #5

Sat Cong!
as it is not worth the fuel to go there.

As Rod Serling might have said:

Picture this in your mind...

Hobby Lobby....
MSRP and no coupons,
More $18.00 Revell 1/48th Spitfire MK1's than you can see over,
Over priced paint bottles next to the straw hat kits,
Those white Testors paint brushes stacked on the potpourri oil,
You scream!!
Your next stop...... The Twilight Zone!!!

Don't waste your time let alone your money. HL is not what it's cracked up to be. Thank the Lord they are closed on Sundays for "Family Time" , so the note taped to the door states courtesy of my neighbor who works next door to one.

I am not sorry for popping your bubble. I was hoping I would be saving you some gas money & some frustration instead.
Regards,
Larry @ AUDI
Last edited by audiguy on June 14th, 2012, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 14th, 2012, 6:16 pm #6

Sat Cong!
I KNOW that HL isn't much of a "hobby shop." Very limited kit selection (though still more and different cars than Michael's and ACMoore combined) and Full Metal Retail pricing on everything.

I don't care what kits they carry. I have more than enough stuff already to build to last me the rest of my life.

If they carry the Testor/Model Master paints, especially the newer Model Master car colors (lacquers), I will be ecstatic.

Sat Cong!

June 14th, 2012, 6:42 pm #7

You are aware of their very limited never changing inventory of kits. You my friend are in luck because they now carry the Testors 'Laquer' spraybombs.
Also it has been months and I don't believe no one blew this whistle. They now carry Flexi-file products and Tamiya tape. So supply wise you will be a happy man!

Take Care

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"
Last edited by nametaken on June 14th, 2012, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2012, 12:05 am #8

Sat Cong!
I'm totally unimpressed with our new Hobby Lobby. Not much in models, but the killer is horrible service.

June 15th, 2012, 1:26 am #9

A crappy hobby shop is better than none, which is pretty much what I got now. And I don't need a whole lot of "service" to haul paint up to the front counter, as long as there's someone there to take my money.

Sat Cong!

June 15th, 2012, 3:51 am #10

Sat Cong!
it's still a convenient place to get supplies. All sorts of adhesives, a vast supply of various paints (both rattle cans and bottles of enamels & acrylics), a plethora of brushes, tapes, blades....just about anything you need - all without having to send away for 'em.
Granted, the model kit supply (in aircraft anyway) is limited, but there are the occasional "deals" to be had. Hey.....it's better than NO LHS.

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -