Winter War Gladiator (Airfix 1/72)

Winter War Gladiator (Airfix 1/72)

June 11th, 2015, 1:14 pm #1

Hi folks!

It has been a while without posting. To chill out the heat for most of you, I created this winter little diorama. Am down under am in the middle of winter, and freezing to death.

This is my second Gloster Gladiator Airfix New Tool, nothing to say about the kit, it's wonderful...but this time the construction/painting process was a nightmare, not because of the kit itself, but for the many mistakes/errors I did during the process, just to mention one, I had to strip bare all the paint job the first time, because I really blunder it with a "free-hand" application of the white stripes.

The kits has a lot of aftermarket goodies: Quickboost machine guns, exhausts, bulkhead, seat, door, control level, compass, nav lights and gun pods; SBS engine; Yahu instrumental panel; JM Models cockpit PE. Decals from the excellent Xtradecal set.

This machine belongs to the Swedish Voluntary Air Force or F 19 that was a Finnish Air Force unit, manned by Swedish volunteers, which operated from Kemi in northern Finland for the last 62 days of the Winter War. The aircraft also came from the Swedish Air Force inventory. Its designation number was taken from the Swedish Air Force which had 18 flying regiments at the time. The designation F 19 has not been used in Sweden. When new regiments were formed they were named F 20, F 21 and F 22.

I am not an expert at all on dioramas, and I know that there are lots of issues with it, but this is one of my first dioramas...so be gentle with it.

Any comment is welcome...cheers!

Last edited by felipe_ramm on June 11th, 2015, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not a diorama expert either but that looks very nice

June 11th, 2015, 5:12 pm #2

especially in 1/72

Looks very cool! Pun intended. :) Great job. Stay warm. n/t

June 12th, 2015, 1:40 pm #3

Hi folks!

It has been a while without posting. To chill out the heat for most of you, I created this winter little diorama. Am down under am in the middle of winter, and freezing to death.

This is my second Gloster Gladiator Airfix New Tool, nothing to say about the kit, it's wonderful...but this time the construction/painting process was a nightmare, not because of the kit itself, but for the many mistakes/errors I did during the process, just to mention one, I had to strip bare all the paint job the first time, because I really blunder it with a "free-hand" application of the white stripes.

The kits has a lot of aftermarket goodies: Quickboost machine guns, exhausts, bulkhead, seat, door, control level, compass, nav lights and gun pods; SBS engine; Yahu instrumental panel; JM Models cockpit PE. Decals from the excellent Xtradecal set.

This machine belongs to the Swedish Voluntary Air Force or F 19 that was a Finnish Air Force unit, manned by Swedish volunteers, which operated from Kemi in northern Finland for the last 62 days of the Winter War. The aircraft also came from the Swedish Air Force inventory. Its designation number was taken from the Swedish Air Force which had 18 flying regiments at the time. The designation F 19 has not been used in Sweden. When new regiments were formed they were named F 20, F 21 and F 22.

I am not an expert at all on dioramas, and I know that there are lots of issues with it, but this is one of my first dioramas...so be gentle with it.

Any comment is welcome...cheers!

Looks very cool! Pun intended. :) Great job. Stay warm. n/t