Wingnut Wings Hansa Brandenburg W.29

Wingnut Wings Hansa Brandenburg W.29

May 3rd, 2011, 2:39 am #1

This is my Wingnut Wings Hansa Brandenburg W.29, the third WNW model I've completed and up to Wingnut's deserved word leader status in WW1 models.

The model is brush painted using Citadel Paints "Foundation" range. Everything else is kit-supplied. The Cartograf lozenge decals went on like a dream.

A very enjoyable build, but a surprisingly BIG model. Minimal rigging and it being a monoplane make the W.29 a good candidate for anyone wanting to tackle WW1 without the wings and rigging issues.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

May 3rd, 2011, 12:06 pm #2

Outstanding work and beautiful finish!!!

May 4th, 2011, 8:44 pm #3

This is my Wingnut Wings Hansa Brandenburg W.29, the third WNW model I've completed and up to Wingnut's deserved word leader status in WW1 models.

The model is brush painted using Citadel Paints "Foundation" range. Everything else is kit-supplied. The Cartograf lozenge decals went on like a dream.

A very enjoyable build, but a surprisingly BIG model. Minimal rigging and it being a monoplane make the W.29 a good candidate for anyone wanting to tackle WW1 without the wings and rigging issues.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great job on this, really looks nice. What's the wingspan on it?

P-40 Warhawk
http://www.p40warhawk.com/

May 4th, 2011, 11:58 pm #4

The specs for the real aircraft state a wingspan of 44ft 4 inches ( 13.5 metres). The model's wingspan is around 16.5 inches.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

May 5th, 2011, 12:00 am #5

Outstanding work and beautiful finish!!!
Much appreciated. More images of this model are on the customer models section of the Wingnut Wings website.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

May 5th, 2011, 11:58 am #6

The specs for the real aircraft state a wingspan of 44ft 4 inches ( 13.5 metres). The model's wingspan is around 16.5 inches.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Dave. That's a tremendous build - a great kit and finished model.

Well done mate!
Gary

May 5th, 2011, 12:00 pm #7

Much appreciated mate. The Wingnuts models are a joy to work with and their high quality bring out the best in any modeller.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

May 6th, 2011, 9:10 pm #8

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I'm a week away from finishing mine. Same livery. Ain't she a beaut? Your's came out great. Why not post it on Plastic Pix? Some may not see it on the 1/72 scale group build.

Regards,

Andy