Why did Mid-Tenn stop selling AMS resin stuff?

Why did Mid-Tenn stop selling AMS resin stuff?

April 11th, 2012, 12:38 am #1

I went to Mid-Tenn Hobbies today to order some F-5 seats and it now redirects to Sprue Bros.

What happened?

April 11th, 2012, 1:49 am #2

Just a WAG

April 11th, 2012, 1:57 am #3

wait 12 hrs and get the real answer, that's if they're willing to share.

Probably just a dist thing. Maybe they didn't sell well, the wholesale price was too high for good profit, etc, and MidTenn dropped them.

I don't know. Mr MidTenn probably does tho.

April 11th, 2012, 4:13 pm #4

Jack and Gordon worked out a deal for my product line.
Jack is a good friend of mine and I really enjoyed having my line being on his web store. I think Jack can explain it better then me.
He might chime in and let us know how that all worked out.
Harold

April 11th, 2012, 4:32 pm #5

If I think of it I'll tell him about it when I see him Friday

April 11th, 2012, 4:45 pm #6

Jack and Gordon worked out a deal for my product line.
Jack is a good friend of mine and I really enjoyed having my line being on his web store. I think Jack can explain it better then me.
He might chime in and let us know how that all worked out.
Harold
...he called me directly and we had a nice talk about this and other things. Everything is clear.

Thanks....

jeff

April 11th, 2012, 5:52 pm #7

I went to Mid-Tenn Hobbies today to order some F-5 seats and it now redirects to Sprue Bros.

What happened?
and I don't mind talking about it..

Here's the deal.. Harold's AMS bits are the best I've seen.. especially at the price, but they're my choice for the subjects covered, NO MATTER the price. Most accurate and best researched. I miss the line, I wish I still had it. The problem was that there were so many orders that I didn't have enough time to devote to anything else but getting AMS orders picked, packed and shipped. And at the price point, there wasn't enough profit to just concentrate my business on one product.

I couldn't afford more staff to devote to it, so Gordon agreed to swap me one of his lines for AMS, I called Harold and asked him if he was ok with that, and we did it. I sent a big box to Sprue, Sprue sent a big box to me, and that's it.

That was in the fall of 2010. As agreed with Gordon and Harold, I left a notice with a link on my site that went directly to the AMS section of Sprue. I left it up a month longer than we agreed, then deactivated the link and the info on what had happened. A couple months later, it came up again on ARC I think, so in order to try and help, I put the link back on my website.

If I can say anything else, please email me, Harold or Gordon. The info should be the same.. well, except Gordon. Gordon will say that he told me up front that "you're an idiot" for doing the deal.. and he's probably right! But at the time, it was the thing to do for myself and for Harold.

HTH
Jack

April 11th, 2012, 5:54 pm #8

If I think of it I'll tell him about it when I see him Friday
Just kidding!! Yes.. packing and looking for tin cans to sell for gas!!

First round's still on you!!!

Jack

April 11th, 2012, 7:15 pm #9

and I don't mind talking about it..

Here's the deal.. Harold's AMS bits are the best I've seen.. especially at the price, but they're my choice for the subjects covered, NO MATTER the price. Most accurate and best researched. I miss the line, I wish I still had it. The problem was that there were so many orders that I didn't have enough time to devote to anything else but getting AMS orders picked, packed and shipped. And at the price point, there wasn't enough profit to just concentrate my business on one product.

I couldn't afford more staff to devote to it, so Gordon agreed to swap me one of his lines for AMS, I called Harold and asked him if he was ok with that, and we did it. I sent a big box to Sprue, Sprue sent a big box to me, and that's it.

That was in the fall of 2010. As agreed with Gordon and Harold, I left a notice with a link on my site that went directly to the AMS section of Sprue. I left it up a month longer than we agreed, then deactivated the link and the info on what had happened. A couple months later, it came up again on ARC I think, so in order to try and help, I put the link back on my website.

If I can say anything else, please email me, Harold or Gordon. The info should be the same.. well, except Gordon. Gordon will say that he told me up front that "you're an idiot" for doing the deal.. and he's probably right! But at the time, it was the thing to do for myself and for Harold.

HTH
Jack

I don't know about in regards to the situation with Harold's stuff, but generally speaking, Gordon does have a point....

April 11th, 2012, 8:41 pm #10

.. you think that up all on your own?

hey, I may be dumb, but I'm not smart!