Who makes the best 1/32 scale Bf 109E-4 kit?

Who makes the best 1/32 scale Bf 109E-4 kit?

May 19th, 2012, 2:20 am #1

I'm looking for the above, I know with the release of this subject in 1/32 scale in the last few years there has been discussion of the kits released by the various manufactures & I should have paid attention to them but I didn't. So without a lot of dramatic postings, could some of you more knowledgeable guys just post which one you think & why? I have a project with a certain paint scheme from an older Hasegawa re-released kit. Even though the kit looked nice, it is still an old mold & I was looking for a kit of more recent molds that doesn't have fit issues, if that is possible.

Thanks in advanvce,
Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA

May 19th, 2012, 2:41 am #2

I have the kit and it seems really nice but have yet to start it over at LSP they have a in box review see it there..
next thing is finding one for sale...

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews ... ml109e.php

The Big Bang Theory, watch it you'll laugh your arse off!!
Last edited by brc34 on May 19th, 2012, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 19th, 2012, 3:16 am #3

I'm looking for the above, I know with the release of this subject in 1/32 scale in the last few years there has been discussion of the kits released by the various manufactures & I should have paid attention to them but I didn't. So without a lot of dramatic postings, could some of you more knowledgeable guys just post which one you think & why? I have a project with a certain paint scheme from an older Hasegawa re-released kit. Even though the kit looked nice, it is still an old mold & I was looking for a kit of more recent molds that doesn't have fit issues, if that is possible.

Thanks in advanvce,
Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/me ... 312312264/

In simple terms the CH kit is an easier build with better, sharper more accurate details.
The CH kit is a little off in the upper cowl but the Eduard kit is off aft of the cockpit (although I think this is easily fixable).
In my experience the CH kit goes together with no filling, whereas the Eduard has to be coaxed a bit.
The CH kit needs some minor corrections (there are plenty of online builds that chronicle these) but you'll find them easy to do.

May 19th, 2012, 4:17 am #4

Thanks in advanvce,
Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA
The Cyber Hobby kit.Superb.