who knew that we are limited to how many views there are...

who knew that we are limited to how many views there are...

April 6th, 2012, 3:18 am #1

on photobucket.
I have posted some of my builds on Plastic Pics and I just looked at my latest and the images are gone and it says I am too popular and I have exceeded my bandwidth?
I have always used photobucket with no problems.

Has this happened to anyone else?

April 6th, 2012, 4:11 am #2

Yep. Once for me. But , it is free so can't complain really. n/t.

April 6th, 2012, 4:29 am #3

on photobucket.
I have posted some of my builds on Plastic Pics and I just looked at my latest and the images are gone and it says I am too popular and I have exceeded my bandwidth?

Yeah I always knew that but it hasn't happened to me yet.

April 6th, 2012, 7:12 am #4

on photobucket.

That happened to me when I posted a bunch of pics of a Tamiya Betty build. Part of the problem was that I posted links to the full size pics and part was because of the number of images I used and their sizes. If you post the full size ones here, they are all going to be opened from Photobucket whenever someone opens the page here. Since almost everyone likes to look at the new stuff, your PB account can get slammed in short order. You can reduce the amount of bandwidth use by using thumbnail links, or by providing a link to a gallery on PB or someplace else like Image Shack.

April 6th, 2012, 10:12 am #5

on photobucket.

and that was because I posted some really huge, hi-res pics. Fortunately it resets every month, so the pics will be accessible again.

SN

April 6th, 2012, 10:17 am #6

on photobucket.

...use it until the former one is operational again. It may take a while, but the problem is solved.
Massimo LaCivita

April 6th, 2012, 1:35 pm #7

on photobucket.

Sign in to Photobucket and look for the navigation bar. Click the button called "Account Options" or "Account Status." This displays several different sections regarding your customer information.

Find the section called "Personal Information." In this section, you will see a button for "Upgrade Account." Click it.

Read the information about signing up for a Pro Account. I think it is $24.95 for an annual fee. Click "Buy Now" to upgrade your membership. You are prompted to select amongst three radio buttons featuring different lengths of membership. Click the "Next" button last.

Pay for the membership by selecting the radio button with your desired pay method. Select "Upgrade Now" after you fill in the proper radio button and finally, be sure to fill in the checkbox for the "Service, Privacy, and Refunds Agreement."

Fill out your payment information in the dialog box and then click the button "Submit Securely."

It is better to be the stomper rather than the stompee!
It is better to be the Stomper rather than the Stompee!

April 6th, 2012, 2:07 pm #8

I find Flicker a lot easier to navigate, and it seems to be growing rapidly.

April 6th, 2012, 2:23 pm #9

...  I used to like Flickr the best, but they changed their policy on hotlinking, now it takes a little bit of finagling to find the direct link.  Now I mostly use Fotki, they seem to have a good balance between the photo album style and an easy to link to photo hosting service.  I never did like Photobucket much, the other sites are easier to use once you learn how, and don't have bandwidth limits.