Who is this guy???

Who is this guy???

July 9th, 2008, 4:03 am #1

Hi all. I have the Dragon 1/16 German Tank Ace Normandy 1944 kit 1609. I was curious if any one here would know who this guy is supposed to be. The kit came with out any info on him. I think it might be Michael Whitman. I would like to know before I get around to building it. When it is finished and on display, and someone asks me who is that guy, I can give em an answer instead of shrugging. Thanks

Jim Mc
Jim Mc

July 10th, 2008, 4:04 am #2

Just
Another
Frikken
Natzi

seriously, this was a generic german tanker. Wittman may have been the impetus, but, for whatever reason, they never called it Wittman. So, with that, I would tell people he was a tank commander, but not a specific person.

Jason
Jason

July 14th, 2008, 6:58 pm #3

Hi all. I have the Dragon 1/16 German Tank Ace Normandy 1944 kit 1609. I was curious if any one here would know who this guy is supposed to be. The kit came with out any info on him. I think it might be Michael Whitman. I would like to know before I get around to building it. When it is finished and on display, and someone asks me who is that guy, I can give em an answer instead of shrugging. Thanks
Kirin did the original in resin as part of a 2 figure set, with his gunner Bobby Woll and a partial Tiger tank turret. Dragon then released just Wittmann in plastic, without naming it such. I have both, and they are identical, other than the resin fig is just a bit more crisp because of the molding limitations of plastic.Its one of Dragons best 1/16th figs.

Scott
Scott

August 28th, 2008, 7:56 am #4

m